VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the press focus on the latest round of stealth taxes does anyone know the rates that will apply to Tiguans from 2009. Also are there further increases in 2010.

·
Registered
199 Posts
barrylamper said:
With all the press focus on the latest round of stealth taxes does anyone know the rates that will apply to Tiguans from 2009. Also are there further increases in 2010.
The hidden price rise (which was in the current budget but deep deep deep under cover) only applies to vehicles in band G. The current range of Tiguans all fall under bracket F, so we escape the 200 pound increase in force from 2009.

Des

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a surprise when i picked up my tig, I was expecting my Road tax to be ?205-?210

Martin the salesman said VW had cut the emmission further so it was ?176

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

From what I have read when the new tax bands come in the 2.0 tdi Auto will be a band J and will be ?260 up from the ?210 it is now.Louis.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Check this out worth a look. The main area of concern was this rise now includes vehicles up to 7 years old, owners of new cars could still get stung with a 'showroom' tax. Don't you just love our government

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/li ... 842848.ece

On another note;

I must admit I may struggle to keep to Tig on the road if by the end of the year we end up paying the projected ?1.60 for a litre of diesel.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
60 Posts
Boy, am I glad I am getting rid of my Galaxy - not a moment too soon.

I'd decided to swap it for a Tig since I don't need to provide a Dad's removal service any more and fancied moving over to diesel for the better economy.

Of course, the moment I decided this the price of diesel started overtaking that of petrol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts