VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, a 6 month wait and the new baby (beast?) has arrived. SWMBO who was doubtful initially, is finding all the good points I have so far missed. Feels bigger and with decreased blind spots. Seats comforatble, good handling and shock absorption. Now, all I have to do is try and understand all the toys. Taken at Table Cape in NW Tas overlooking Bass Strait.

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Sky

Reactions: IggytheTiggy

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
I wish I could swing a new Tiguan right now. But I've got my eyes on a 2016 BMW X5 35D with the 8 Speed auto. Been wanting back to a diesel and something to tow with. All I know it's gonna have to have all the bells and whistles I want. My modding game is wearing thin.

By tbe way nice new ride!

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
Lovely car Mike, not seen that colour in the UK.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Congrats Mike on your new Tig dressed in a colour I have never seen here. Of my three Tiguans, this one was the nicest IMHO. Here's a link down memory lane for me >>> Old Dog's New 2018 R-Line . I don't know why the pics are in there twice. Must be due to the transfer to the new forum platform. Anyways, double the pleasure, double the fun. :)

All the best with her.

Garry

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the comments. Not seeing double here - but the new forum is quirky to put it mildly. The infotainment technology is challenging and may be posting probs later on.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Thanks all for the comments. Not seeing double here - but the new forum is quirky to put it mildly. The infotainment technology is challenging and may be posting probs later on.
Happy to hear you have perfect vision Mike. Not sure why I'm seeing double. 🤓 Could very well be a forum quirk.

BTW, I may have missed it somewhere, what year is your new Tig?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happy to hear you have perfect vision Mike. Not sure why I'm seeing double. 🤓 Could very well be a forum quirk.

BTW, I may have missed it somewhere, what year is your new Tig?
Hey OD - Think there is a forum virus affecting your area. The vehicle is 2021 but this should be visible in the amended signature? Maybe this all needs Cricket's attention.

You should see:

2013 Tiguan 103TDI 4-Motion Pacific. Wild Cherry Red. DSG. Tow bar. Body mouldings. Bonnet and headlight protectors. Glorious Russian bonnet gas strut lifts.

2021 Tiguan 147 TDi 4 Motion Elegance, King’s Red, DSG with tow bar+sound package and interior/paint protection.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Mea culpa, mea culpa Mike. 🤗

The crossed out 2013 Tig shows, but not your new 2021 unless one clicks on the down arrow which I didn't. Oh the shame of it all. 😮 I'll show myself out. 📲

Cheers!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mea culpa, mea culpa Mike. 🤗

The crossed out 2013 Tig shows, but not your new 2021 unless one clicks on the down arrow which I didn't. Oh the shame of it all. 😮 I'll show myself out. 📲

Cheers!
I just had to ring the dealer to explain how to use the Satnav and find mobile phones toxic devices that take up way too much time and effort, so no shame, we are just the wrong generation.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With Baby's first week coming up, am impressed with:

How comfortable the seats are
How, despite the larger wheels, the ride is better
How body roll is improved round corners
How smooth the gear changes are
How my earlier concerns re 1/ and 2/ were proved wrong.

BUT

The ACC is a beast and the steering wheel controls are awkward to the point of stupidity.

Overall a beautiful drive with challenging gizmos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts