VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new here and thanks for having me, ive been having issues with my Tiguan and was hoping if you can help my diagnose these problems on where to start or what could be the potential problem before i take it in to my mechanic. I already replaced all 4 ignition coils and packs, and replaced the high fuel pressure pump but still no luck..

The only issues ive had so far while driving it'll studder really hard and then it goes into EPC/Limp mode and when i turn the car off and start it back it goes away, so i scanned it with OBDeleven and ill post the pictures below of the codes for a better idea and i expanded the sections. Hoping for a response and i thank you all here for your time !
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Product Computer Font Wheel Screenshot
Computer Personal computer Font Operating system Screenshot
Font Computer Screenshot Operating system Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Looks like a case of plugged injectors. No misfire codes oddly so you might be do for an injector clean as well as a carbon clean. What's the current miles? And are you running cheap fuel?

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Don't you just love the quoting new system?

All good it takes some getting used to the controls here.

·
Registered
2018 VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey iggy thanks for the reply, mileage is just over 70,000. For fuel I was running regular for a while , and I did try some crc spray valve cleaner and even injector additives in the tank the other day as well but not sure if that really helped at all, and yeah I’m thinking about the injectors. I’m no mechanic lol but this right here is driving me nuts, especially while driving on the highway going up hill super scary.. or even normal driving it feels hesitant on the gas pedal.. also forgot to mention I hear the sputtering at idle and on start up.

·
Registered
2018 VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hey iggy thanks for the reply, mileage is just over 70,000. For fuel I was running regular for a while , and I did try some crc spray valve cleaner and even injector additives in the tank the other day as well but not sure if that really helped at all, and yeah I’m thinking about the injectors. I’m no mechanic lol but this right here is driving me nuts, especially while driving on the highway going up hill super scary.. or even normal driving it feels hesitant on the gas pedal.. also forgot to mention I hear the sputtering at idle and on start up.

sorry yeah I’m learning lol

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
It's due for an intake off carbon clean at a reputable shop. They pull the intake and injectors and isn't much more to have them cleaned. It's a GDI thing the tips of the injectors tend to get some carbon as well. Best that you can do is see if you can see your fuel pressure while running. At idle you should see 500 ish psi and revved up over 1000 under WoT load I remember seeing 2000psi. But I am also tuned.

Where in the US are located? I have a shirt list of shops handy.

·
Registered
2018 VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh makes sense now , I’m gonna try and do that fuel pressure check later today and see what the numbers are , and i live in Massachusetts. Close to Boston.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
My shop I use starts at about $800. It's sadly a needed service on these GDI motors. Humble Mechanic has a good series on carbon clean. The spray in stuff works if you don't regularly from the start. But does little once it's built up. It gets so bad it can jamb up the intake runners as well and they snap sending plastic into the motor.

And also the pump screen in your haldex should be checked asap.

But donke a favor and pull the engine cover off ansnstsrr inspecting all the wires you see. It's hard to see th injector harness under the intake butbwith a mirror you cannlook around. Also look for veemin droppings or nesting.

Also if you know someone with a good bore scope you can remove the iat and push the camera in for a bit of a look around.

You should also be looking at a set of plugs soon as well. Mine were done at 40k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts