VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan Comfortline
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m just wrapping up the intake manifold update and intake cleaning. While trying to get the awkward bracket under the manifold tightened up, I noticed I’m statically leaking a bit of coolant. My guess is a moved the large coolant hoses too much. It looks like a connector between the hose and engine, or did I do more damage than that? Or is there just an o-ring that can be replaced? I’ll try to attach a picture but it looks like this, but connects to the engine not the rad:

Thanks for any and all help. I haven’t started it yet, taking a break for the night and I’ll do that in the AM to see how bad it is/how the rest of the intake manifold change went… Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Flash photography

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
361 Posts
Plastic has maybe become brittle, well done for noticing! Id start the engine up and see if you can see exactly where the leak is. Make sure its the plastic elbow and not anywhere else. You may have to get it up to operating temp before it starts to leak.

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan Comfortline
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connector looks part of the hose assembly from a good parts diagram I finally found. I had a good look around to see where else it might be coming from but it looks like it’s leaking out of the locking clip. Hopefully just a gasket inside the connector that’s past it’s prime.

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan Comfortline
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Looks like it’s not really leaking at this point but I have a replacement on order and it should be in tomorrow. I’ll just gingerly drive it to work and back tomorrow so my wife can take the truck.
New Haldex pump showed up yesterday so I’ll do that tonight. The joys of a 12.5 year old vehicle - still better than payments again though and we really do love the Tiguan.

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan Comfortline
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally changed out the coolant hose today. It did not leak anymore throughout the week and in fact it completely dried out so I felt comfortable leaving it until this weekend. Also did the upper timing chain gaskets at the same time. Took 3 hours from start to completing test drive. Reving engine to 1500rpm a few times seemed to be effective at burping the coolant. I’ll keep an eye on the level over the next few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts