VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our newly acquired MY21 occasionally shows that the trunk lid is open when it's clearly shut properly. It can be overcome with a slam. The car had a dent fixed by the first owner, so while it's under warranty still, VW may not to fix this.

My question is, can the open/closed switch be adjusted? Where is it?

thanks

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
The switch is most likely built into the lock mechanism.

I don't get why you think VW won't fix it, so it's had a repair, if you didn't have that done yourself, then 'oh has it?'

We are getting a lot of questions from over there about how to fix what are plainly warranty issues on new and nearly new cars. Are VW US that difficult to get faults fixed?

Reactions: mrew42 and stevey83

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
56 Posts
T
We are getting a lot of questions from over there about how to fix what are plainly warranty issues on new and nearly new cars. Are VW US that difficult to get faults fixed?
I often wonder the same thing. I think many have the idea that the dealer will find some way to charge them or find something else to fix and charge them. This is the reason some call dealerships stealerships. The other reason is that they might have to drop the car off for a day and look for an easy, quick fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts