VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased the spacers from Mr. JJJ. I installed them no problem and have since been using my Tiguan as my daily. I use it as a daily around town, to go camping, to the beach, to the ranch, to do light ranch work. It gets the job done. I'm well pleased.

2009 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_0682-2.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg
tiguan.jpg

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JJJ was fast and awesome with installation instructions and answering any questions about the spacers. Thanks a million I love them. They allowed me to put the bigger tires in there. Cooper AT3's. I also have the APR stage one software. Love it. WeatherTech mats. Love them. I also "smoked" my front side markers if you'll notice. I love how that turned out. I used Night Shades. I think thats about it!

· Registered
197 Posts
JJJ was fast and awesome with installation instructions and answering any questions about the spacers. Thanks a million I love them. They allowed me to put the bigger tires in there. Cooper AT3's.
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the kind words, and I'm happy that the change has "liberated" your car somewhat ;-). Interesting work you do .....

Aha! Now I also understand where the extra wheel arch clearance went - filled by bigger tyres. I could not puzzle out why it seemed so little when I saw the first images in your post.

What wheel/tyre size combination are you running?

Johnie

· Registered
74 Posts
235/65/17 tires. fit nicely. never any rubbing or anything.

Installing the spacers if you run into no issues doesn't take more than a few hours. maybe 4 or 5 max. this is of course if you know your way around the tool chest.
Hi, I got the spacers from polyurethane.ru as suggested by JJJ.
He is very helpful and gave me proper guidance.

I have one question. How tight is this your size of tires, specially while steering. Is there any scope for 225 70 R7 (dia 747) ? or 235 65 R17 (dia 737) is the maximum we can fit in Tiguan.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
13,155 Posts
That's right Derek - but I'm not dead yet ;-).
That's great to hear JJJ and all the best in the months and years to come. :) Both you and Derek go waaaay back as members on this forum. Glad to see you are BOTH still around with us.

JJJ, could you please edit your profile to include a brief description of your Tig and your location?

Cheers!

OD

· Registered
136 Posts
I've got about 30mm of lift from spacers and 17mm from bigger tires. I chatted to JJJ and ended up making my own based on his original design. Bit less lift than his.There are pictures of it in my gallery.

It made a huge difference for me as I do a fair bit of dune driving, and without enough clearance, you quickly end up beached! The bigger tyres gave me more options for All Terrain tyres, which has also been a big help. The next thing you need to look at is carrying a full size spare, as the larger tyres mean you can't use the space saver. And it's always worth having a proper spare if you are far from civilization!

· Registered
37 Posts
Although I purchased mine over a year ago I did not get a chance to put them on. Now looking at them I realize I don't have the longer studs necessary for installation. Where did you (the ones that put the spacers on your cars) get the longer studs?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.