VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just a nice picture of my new (first) Tiguan, parked defensively in the car park away from potential danger of other car doors

Great drive

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Hi

Just a nice picture of my new (first) Tiguan, parked defensively in the car park away from potential danger of other car doors

Great drive
As you can see, or actually not see, there's no pic!

Reactions: Anil Berke

·
Registered
295 Posts
It was certainly parked out of sight !

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is this a new VW paint colour option for 2014? Camouflage grey? Would that be a metallic or pearlescent paint job I wonder?

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
very nice Matty, glad you were able to find your car! :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's a funny thing but I find whenever I park well away from other vehicles, like you did, when I come back there's always a car or an old van parked next to me!
It it my "magnetic charm" or do others find the same happens to them?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes, now all you need do is find your camera so we can see a proper picture of your Tig - one without the camouflage disguise. (Only kidding, honest!)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire
To protect your doors I suggest the protectors show in the attached photo. They are from a company called PAWA in Poland and are £35 + £15 carriage to the UK.
I have had them on my Honda Jazz and they were so effective, and a darned sight cheaper than the dealer, I got them for my Tig as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370248818.256753.jpgTo protect your doors I suggest the protectors show in the attached photo. They are from a company called PAWA in Poland and are £35 + £15 carriage to the UK. I have had them on my Honda Jazz and they were so effective, and a darned sight cheaper than the dealer, I got them for my Tig as well.
Can you please supply a link to PAWA, tried google but no joy. Is that titanium beige ? if so it looks great, that is what I waiting on, build next week (alleged-idly)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes. It is Titanium Beige and looks magnificent! - I really needed a change from Silver and am delighted it looks so good. I thought about corn silk leather but as I have the panoramic roof, I opted for black.
Try this for PAWA. http://www.pawa.pl/en/offer/by-car-model/18-volkswagen
I found it via eBay.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I some how missed it. colour looks great and the srtips set it off

.I lived in Consett for a wee while and was always amused by a place near you, "No Place" Cooperative Villa's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's a funny thing but I find whenever I park well away from other vehicles, like you did, when I come back there's always a car or an old van parked next to me!
It it my "magnetic charm" or do others find the same happens to them?
I call this phenomenum 'Empty Car Park Syndrome'. You can find the furthest point in the car park well away from the masses and the next car to arrive comes and parks right next to you! What is it with these idiots?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes, why don't these careless drivers realise we have parked far away to avoid people like them parking too close to us and banging their doors on our beautiful bodywork?

·
Registered
533 Posts
It would help if they just made the parking spaces wider so you could actually get in and out. Cars get wider every year. So should a standard space.

·
Registered
2021 VW ID4 1st Edition
4,263 Posts
It would help if they just made the parking spaces wider so you could actually get in and out. Cars get wider every year. So should a standard space.
How true this is. I also believe that the relevant authorities just make car park spaces smaller so that they can cram in as many as possible. None of them are bothered about people's cars, it's all about making more money from parking fees.

·
MyTiguan Master
4,980 Posts
How true this is. I also believe that the relevant authorities just make car park spaces smaller so that they can cram in as many as possible. None of them are bothered about people's cars, it's all about making more money from parking fees.
you tell 'em buddy. send 'em a picture!

·
myTiguan Master
4,762 Posts
Have you noticed that on parking bays on the side of the road are so narrow that the Tig hangs on or over the white line (or is it just my PA1 lol.)

Mick

·
Registered
661 Posts
With alloys you don't want to park too close to the kerb - so, yes, sometimes the bay width is such that the offside tyres are almost outside the parking bay. It makes me think that all town planners drive bubble cars!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.