VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As you might guess from my name, I have a GTI at the moment. Its a great car...but it does like to drinke the unleaded stuff so I have been looking at diesels.

I had heard about the tiguan, but things like the Rav 4, freelander and such never really floated my boat so I didnt really bother looking into it...Untill I had to take my Dads Golf in for a service and saw it in the metal at my local VW dealer.

WOW.

On question I have for current owners, what MPG are you geting? Could you let me know what engine and if it is manual or auto and if it is still running in (say, less that 500 miles). All respones apprciated.

One other question, if you sit at 60 on the motorway (where most of my driving is done) what revs are you doing and what MPG oes the trip say?

Great forum!!!

Paul.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Non of us have a tiguan yet - we are all waiting patiently

On my extended test drive yesterday in the 2.0TDi - I got 35mpg average. This was in mixed motorway and urban driving.

I was a GTi girl
Traded my Mark V for a V6 Eos as I was feeling a bit 'old' and sensible for a GTi - I'm a senior teacher in a large secondary school. What a mistake that was!!! I am changing into the Tiguan and possibly going back into GTi in 18mths when the Mark VI is released

Karen

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. As Karen said so far VW haven't got any Tig's out to many customers yet - we have one member expecting his on the 1st March - its early days

Kaine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm awaiting delivery of my new Tiguan, last week in March, can hardly wait.
In answer to your query, I took out my dealer's demonstrator, a 2.0TDI Sport Auto for a good drive, covered around 40 miles
in a mixed drive of Urban in and out of city, A class dual carriageway at 70+ MPH and several miles of winding B class roads before reluctantly returning it.
On return the onboard computer showed an average overall fuel consumption of 37mpg.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I've owned several Golfs in the past, the Tiguan is a great car, get your name down for one soon!

·
Registered
862 Posts
PaulGTI said:
One other question, if you sit at 60 on the motorway (where most of my driving is done) what revs are you doing and what MPG oes the trip say?
Hi Paul. Cannot quote revs at 60mph for sure, but I did notice on my demo that at 70mph in 6th gear the revs were 2500

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Paul,
I've very kindly been given one of the demo Tig's from my dealership on an extended test drive from Friday to Monday. The Tig is a 2.0TDI SE. (I'm contemplating ordering a Tig Sport for the dog).
I haven?t checked the MPG figures (I'll do so tomorrow for you), but popped ?20 in the tank on Friday morning when I collected the car and will have to fill it up tomorrow. I don't know if this helps....but thought I'd post.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If i get the chance, will take it on the motorway to check the revs...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi.
just had my Tiguan sport 140 Tdi manual for just over a week now unfortunatly due to illness I have just covered 350miles. Over very mixed driving I seem to average 37>40 at the moment but every time I take it out it seems to achieve a higher mpg quicker so I do hope for a little more as a bonus but not disapointed if I achieve 40 mpg when run in as my Golf used to average 46>48 for same sort of running with basicaly the same engine.

Overall very imressed with the drive so far but disapointed to notice that the drivers door external plastic trim was scuffed after collection from the dealers but hopefully they will replace it and not claim it was my fault. Also I have noticed that engine compartment is painted Gray and not as the body colour Black pearl. just me been finicky, but would love to hear of other body finishes under the bonnet to confirm mine is just not a one off.

I will let you all know the outcome later and keep you informed of how the drive is progressing.

Hope you all will be as pleased with your Tiguan's when they arrive as I am with mine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As stated above, I've had a demo Tig (auto) from Friday. I've been doing an average of 26MPG.........(day to day driving, no motorways)

·
Registered
862 Posts
@nt1 said:
As stated above, I've had a demo Tig (auto) from Friday. I've been doing an average of 26MPG.........(day to day driving, no motorways)
I'm getting more than that with my 2.5 tonne 3.0d Touareg auto ...I certainly hope to be adding another 10-15mpg to those numbers with the Tig.

·
Registered
92 Posts
@nt1 said:
Blimey....
I hope your giving us figures for a Tig you've been caining the c*$p out of.... as previously mentioned I too am getting that figure and more out of my 3.0 Tdi Treg....

·
Registered
54 Posts
The saleman said he had been driving the tig for a couple of weeks mainly around town, and he was getting 37-39 miles out of it.

I didn`t think this was just sales talk.

Just mine 2 penny`s worth on this subject.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hA! I had to give the demo car bk today
(i've had it since Friday) - and I was somewhat shocked at the MPG reading...?! As stated above, day to day normal driving, no craziness. It can't be normal, can it??? If everyone else is readying 37-40MPG???

Still hasnt put me off tho, will put a deposit down on Sat for a Sport.

·
Registered
22 Posts
oggy2uk said:
The saleman said he had been driving the tig for a couple of weeks mainly around town, and he was getting 37-39 miles out of it.

I didn`t think this was just sales talk.

Just mine 2 penny`s worth on this subject.
On a long drive maybe I

reckon best combined driving your looking at 33 to 35 mpg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
07:30am Not to be relied on, but.... the onboard computer displayed a 42.7mpg yesterday evening at 55mph on the M4 with the Tiguan having only covered 30 miles from build. Will do the full-tank test in a few days to get a more accurate figure.

5:00pm Just returned from a 133 mile journey on undulating country roads in west Wales and topped up the tank with 15 liters of diesel. The return is just over 40 mpg with but 200 miles on the clock. Anticipate getting 45 mpg+ once the engine is running a little more freely. A great drive though!

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I was on the motorway doing 70 Mph all the way from Antwerp to Gutersloh in Germany, the on board computer was showing that I was doing 59 mpg which is fantastic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Covered another 260 miles of driving in urban/country roads conditions..... topped up the tank with 28.02 liters and this averages a return of 42 mpg! Nothing quite like my VW Touran's 47 mpg but then, a very different vehicle!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts