VW Tiguan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The relay controls the starter so yes. I guarantee its the culprit, even your vcds scan is saying the relay is having a error. Swap the fog light relay in as long as it's the same amperage and see if the issue goes away. It's just a basic relay so around here they are under $20 usd.
I replaced the relay by another one from two days ago and the problem didn't appear again, and I hope the new relay fixed it.
Thanks a lot...

The point is that the problem was sometimes happened each time the car/engine started and sometimes never happens!

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Intermittent failures are a pain in the rear. That's why these shops today are computer experts and not mechanics. They need a DTC to fix a car and cannot troubleshoot worth beans. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and start with tht most obvious in starters it's usually the relay.

Reactions: Mostic and Old Dog

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Intermittent failures are a pain in the rear. That's why these shops today are computer experts and not mechanics. They need a DTC to fix a car and cannot troubleshoot worth beans. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and start with tht most obvious in starters it's usually the relay.
Unfortunately it happened again yesterday after few days of starting normal
I will look for the DQ500 starter part number and will try to get one

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Try swapping in a new battery in your fob first. Call it a gut feeling thing. And verify the ground from the engine to the frame under the airbix doesn't have any corrosion. I honestly don't think the issue is the starter. With you Swap something could of worked loose.

Reactions: Mostic

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Try swapping in a new battery in your fob first. Call it a gut feeling thing. And verify the ground from the engine to the frame under the airbix doesn't have any corrosion. I honestly don't think the issue is the starter. With you Swap something could of worked loose.
I tried the three keys I have and same issue with them.
I will try to swap the DQ500 starter from my Scirocco to the Tiguan and vice versa and see what will happen

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
you have the called terminal in the car.

Terminal 30 (Kl30) - Permanent

Terminal 15 (Kl15) - Ignition

Terminal 50 (Kl50) - Engine Start

This are the ones I most use but there are more, just google if you need.

When I did Kessy I had to study the relays and in my car I have 2 related with ignition and engine start, J681 and J682. These relays are controlled by BCM and making ignition and motor start. In cars with Start Stop things are not like this, so as you changed engine I don't know if you have start stop or kessy in the equation.

J682 is 4 pins in non Kessy cars and 6 pins in Kessy. Just some ideas that migth be related to issue.

Don't forget my knowledge is mostly TDI, TSI might not be the same

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
you have the called terminal in the car.
Terminal 30 (Kl30) - Permanent
Terminal 15 (Kl15) - Ignition
Terminal 50 (Kl50) - Engine Start

This are the ones I most use but there are more, just google if you need.

When I did Kessy I had to study the relays and in my car I have 2 related with ignition and engine start, J681 and J682. These relays are controlled by BCM and making ignition and motor start. In cars with Start Stop things are not like this, so as you changed engine I don't know if you have start stop or kessy in the equation.

J682 is 4 pins in non Kessy cars and 6 pins in Kessy. Just some ideas that migth be related to issue.
Don't forget my knowledge is mostly TDI, TSI might not be the same
I have start stop not kessy.
I will check the KI50 but I already changed it's relay.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

·
Registered
2015 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2.0L I4, AWD, Pepper Gray/ Black, acquired: 11/13/2021
1 Posts
I’ve been wanting that myself, since upgrading my head unit (radio). I just don’t think it will work for my application though, from what I have heard thus far, being that my sensors are the passive type, and it’s apparently involved and pricey to get the ones that do the per wheel reporting. Then after all of that, I don’t think my aftermarket setup will make use of that data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Here's hoping all goes well. 🤞

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Looks like it won’t easily work!
I did the module installation as mentioned but unfortunately it is not reachable and I can’t connect to it!

Here is the wiring as per the website:

Connection: 4X wire
+12V
GND
CAN High
CAn Low

Gateway TPMS controler
Pin 7 CAN High > Pin 1
Pin 17 CAN Low > Pin 3
Power 12v > Pin 2
Ground > Pin 4

And here are the errors and faults ..

I hope that you can help me as usual ..

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
Did you add in the tmps to the installed list in the can gateway module?

Reactions: Mostic
81 - 100 of 105 Posts