VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have seen on delays delays delays I have been complaining to VW about the delays. The more I speak to them the more I get the feeling that the delays are down to a technical problem not just demand. You get the impression they have stopped sending any auto's to the UK

I would be keen to hear from anybody who has had an auto delivered since April.

·
Registered
610 Posts
We ordered a manual last weekend, iirc I'm sure that the dealer said that they have stopped taking orders for Auto's, citing technical problems

Jon

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pearson said:
We ordered a manual last weekend, iirc I'm sure that the dealer said that they have stopped taking orders for Auto's, citing technical problems

Jon
Ask your dealer exactly what the technical problem is with ordering an auto Tiguan, bet you he cannot give you a straight answer!

Des

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got my car on the 31.03.08
arrived 3 weeks before expected date
already been in for a new parking brake switch
good car good mpg
worth waiting for

·
Registered
610 Posts
5erge said:
Ask your dealer exactly what the technical problem is with ordering an auto Tiguan, bet you he cannot give you a straight answer!

Des
No he couldn't - just technical problems - the delay must be very frustrating !!

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tiguan ordered at the begining of January delivery promised mid-April.
Latest date provided early June. This is in France and for a model Carat (SE UK)
no real reason for the delay and I wonder if it will continue to drift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, collected my auto Tig yesterday - ordered 03/01/08. Nice motor, cargo area has no odd pockets
and for some stupid reason i thought it came with a mini steel spare!
I have downsized from an 07 Passat (it was larger than i needed) which had a more polished appearance
and had a space where a small spare could have been but was good for storage.
The Tig is a pleasure to drive but the cargo area is the big downer for me - i always need small compartments
to stick things and the two that are fitted hold the tire inflator and tools (have yet to check what).
The rear view tv is good as far as i can see but will need to build some confidence in it's use.
Will give update in due course - seems it will be good for our french roads.
Clive

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a theory...

Presumably, when VW decide prices, it's done well in advance of model releases etc. Well, my estimate is probably 2-3 months before launch. Base price of a Tiguan is ?19,380. In October, that was ?27,885. Now, that's ?24,469.

If there's a backlog, they may as well keep UK drivers waiting in the expectation that the pound will pick up. With regards to it being an auto problem, I'd imagine that the gearbox is bought from an outside supplier, so the price (in Euros) isn't quite as flexible as VW manufactured parts - hence closed order books for UK auto Tiguans until situation with currencies is improved. Or maybe it's just that higher specced, and therefore higher price cars, are harder hit by the change in currencies.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Of course, VW may just put up their prices in the UK to compensate.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
makes complete sense and knowing how VW Purchasing Dept rules the roost, this kind of strategy wouldn't suprise me

·
Registered
199 Posts
My own stupid theory and I was thinking about it at lunch today was that they just ran out of right-hand drive automatic gearlevers

Des

·
Registered
82 Posts
i posted this else where but probably worth posting here too...

heard from my dealer on Monday that although i ordered mine on 6th March, and was recently told that Id get it mid August he has now said that it will be NEXT YEAR.

so its not looking good.

How do i go about getting them to organise a loan car ????

pete

·
Registered
92 Posts
16 weeks from your order date the dealer has to raise the request with VW UK.... my dealer raised the request so that as soon as I hit 16 weeks i got my loan car.... dealers have defo had a communication from UK to tell them about the process, because my salesman showed me the email when i collected my loan.... it also stated in the email there would be further comms re delays in the first week of June, but nothing been received as of yet....

·
Registered
199 Posts
chunks said:
16 weeks from your order date the dealer has to raise the request with VW UK.... my dealer raised the request so that as soon as I hit 16 weeks i got my loan car.... dealers have defo had a communication from UK to tell them about the process, because my salesman showed me the email when i collected my loan.... it also stated in the email there would be further comms re delays in the first week of June, but nothing been received as of yet....
Apparently you get a VW Golf loaner, not an R32 though....

Des

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got a 2.5TDi Touareg Altitude...... brand spanking new with delivery mileage only, insured by the dealer, i've only got to fuel it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the currency issue I do not believe that VW will leave themselves open to currency fluctuation and like most big businesses working in global markets will have hedged the currency well in advance. Must be a supply problem or a technical hitch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hadn't thought of that, but then again it would only be worthwhile if they had a fixed contract of Tiguans to supply, or at least a good idea of how many they would sell. Because sales are so variable, it wouldn't make much sense to over-hedge, and sales have been higher than anticipated. Parts may be on a fixed contract, and hence more likely to be hedged, which makes the problem even worse for us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts