VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first Tig. It is a 2014 model. The car did not come with a multi function steering wheel. But I thought it will be nice to have one. So I tried researching it. From what I understood I need:
1. Mfsw (my zeal got the better of me so I already bought one from ebay)
2. A new controller. I'm confused which one I need. I've seen one on ebay with part number 5K0959542C. Is this the one I need?
3. I intend to use the airbag that came with the car. I understand I need a new harness to connect the airbag to the new controller?
4. Do I need to change the stalker? If so to which part number?
5. I'll need VCDS or similar to tell the car what changes I've done.

I'm totally new and may not quite understand what is needed to do such a retrofit. I'm wondering if I've burn more than I can chew. And BTW, my Tig a left hand drive. I don't know if that will affect any part numbers I need. I'm assuming the steering, controller, etc, will be the same.

Thank you in advance for any tips you may have to help me.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,423 Posts
This has been done in the past by our members and there is/are other threads covering thus. Have you read through them, they're a wealth of information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has been done in the past by our members and there is/are other threads covering thus. Have you read through them, they're a wealth of information.
Hello.... I've read through several threads but I'm still not sure. There seem to be different approaches and I'm not sure what I'll need for my particular model. So I'll appreciate some help. If there's a link I may have missed, kindly assist me. Thanks

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I only know these exist from my long time on the forum (since 2015) most if the members who did this have moved on to other cars now.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Check this list

You need 5K0 module highline with steering wheel angle.

The part number you shared initially i believe it is stalks+controller (but i didn't checked). Stalks might be interesting if you don't have cruise control.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
There you go, welcome back n4s, nice to have your knowledge on the subject! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check this list

You need 5K0 module highline with steering wheel angle.

The part number you shared initially i believe it is stalks+controller (but i didn't checked). Stalks might be interesting if you don't have cruise control.
This is so helpful. So checking the link to the Ross site, it seems the 5K0xxxxxG or 5K0xxxxxH or 5K0xxxxxL will work? Am I correct in assuming that I'll need the G if the car does not have cruise control? Else either the H or L will do? Sorry but I'm quite new to retrofits so I can do with some hand holding and patience :):)
Also can you please confirm I'll need a new airbag harness to connect to the new controller?
Thanks so much. Looking forward to your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts