VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for advice on which model of Tiguan is best to buy second hand as well as anything I should be looking for in terms of things that need to be replaced or fixed after certain mileage etc.

Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
If we're talking about Tiguan MK1 (2008-2016) IMO the best choice for second hand engine would be front wheel 2.0 TDI 140bhp or 150bhp in facelift model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If we're talking about Tiguan MK1 (2008-2016) IMO the best choice for second hand engine would be front wheel 2.0 TDI 140bhp or 150bhp in facelift model.
Thanks for the reply, sorry I think my post might have been confusing, I am looking to buy a second hand car not just the engine and am keen to understand the things I should consider when looking at the Tiguan as a car as I think its a good car but want to make sure I get the best model

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
kingar84 depending on year and location on the globe known problems vary. My suggestion would be to do a "forum" search on recalls or any other keyword(s) to see if there are any that impacted the UK. Also, look under the forum "Problems, Bugs and Fixes" for other potential problem areas.

Old Dog

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply, sorry I think my post might have been confusing, I am looking to buy a second hand car not just the engine and am keen to understand the things I should consider when looking at the Tiguan as a car as I think its a good car but want to make sure I get the best model
Yeah, I understood you very well. I meant if you wanna buy Tiguan MK1 you should consider one with 2.0 tdi 140 or 150bhp engine, not just engine but the hole car with diesel 2.0 tdi engine and front wheel drive. If you don't live in mountain area with snow all year round IMO you don't need four wheel drive - Volkswagen 4motion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Best car for the money is the R Line Tech with a petrol engine.
I have the 190 bhp version and it does everything that I require.
I went for a petrol over the diesel version as I hate the regen system on modern diesel cars as it can give issues if the car is only used for short journeys.
The R Line Tech has a whole host of extras which other models don’t have as standard.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
I had the pleasure of having a 2018 fully loaded R-Line for 2 years and as you say it had everything one may want, and more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts