VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to produce a comprehensive list of problems found with the Tiguan in order to support future members queries. This wont be a thread for discussion, but just a summary of discussions held in the 'Problems, Bugs & Fixes' forum.

I will add ALL problems and hopefully include fixes - over time this should help us create a true reflection of common problems and fixes

If you can remember please could you include some basic details of your Tiguan when posted a Problem

General Specification (Engine, Model etc):
Build Date or Delivery Date of your Tiguan:
Age when problem occured (include Mileage):

Thanks for your support

Kaine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if im in the right topic or if this has even been touched on in another thred.

I have somehow managed to purchase a lemon Tiguan

This is my list so far ;

-Inside boot lid ceiling lining not attached properly
-Sunroof not opening some times ? making some strange noises when opening and closing sun shade.
-Steering wheel controls not working (when using the audio functions)
* button never worked from day one
-Reverse camera doesn?t turn on some times.
-Reverberation (driveline shutter) when in low speeds and car is in top gears. Im told this cannot be fixed as Volkswagen feels that fuel consumption is far more important than drivability.
-Coming home lights not working when selected.
-Other Convenience functions not working.
-Inside door lever open settings not working
-Used a full reserve tank of coolant in 15 000 ks

After bringing it in to Volkswagen South Yarrah Melburne Victoria Australia I now have the same problems and more.
They managed to fix my pause button but now hardly anything works e.g sun roof controls, reverse camera, parking sensors, auto parking, up and down buttons on steering wheel, light setting and the above list..

I now will be rebooking my lemon in for some further * bending for the 3rd time

Any suggestions other than driving it off a cliff ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Wheel Trim fallen off!

i received my new Tiguan Feb 2010 and have driven 6000kms.

The wheel trim on the right rear wheel has come loose from the wheel arch.
i am told that this is not covered by warranty and wil cost $317 dollars to refit.
These is very expensive for a 'off road vehicle' which has never gone off the bitumen. Have others had this problem?
has this been found to be a common problem with the design of the vehicle?[/size]
Regards

Tr

·
Registered
170 Posts

i am told that this is not covered by warranty and will cost $317 dollars to refit.
These is very expensive for a 'off road vehicle' which has never gone off the bitumen. Have others had this problem?
has this been found to be a common problem with the design of the vehicle?[/size]
Regards

Tr
Unless you have caught it and tor it off and it is obvious it's a warranty job as far as I can see. Not seen any comment on this forum with this problem. In general the problems are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts

i am told that this is not covered by warranty and wil cost $317 dollars to refit.
Regards

Tr
I would NOT be paying for ANY part that just FELL OFF my car under warranty AND I'd be telling my dealer that in no uncertain terms !!! That said, ONLY if it had just "fallen off" and not been rubbed, bashed or thumped into anything ??? I've certainly not heard of ANY other Tig World wide that has had any part of the trim "fall off".

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts