VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We have many separate posts regarding delivery delays and build week issues but we don't have anything definitive.

I was thinking about writing a letter to VW UK, mentioning this growing forum and rising members, most experienced the same issues so we can get to the bottom of all these delays. We may be able to extract more information than what the dealers are telling us!!

Kaine please let me know if this is okay?

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Des,

Fine by me - a formal response from VW (even if its just the cars are on hold due to quality problems etc) would be very useful.

Kaine

·
Registered
121 Posts
Heard from my dealer that two ships are en route this week end with some Tiguans on board, fingers crossed !!

Think the letter is excellent idea, lets find out what is going on !!

·
Registered
862 Posts
pbrom said:
Heard from my dealer that two ships are en route this week end with some Tiguans on board,
Hope there's no storms!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

The letter sounds like a great idea, my dealer is absolutely hopeless at giving me any info at all, initially assured me of a week 12 build date, still showing on dialog as week 12 apparently, but given that week 12 begins on Monday and it has not changed to production confirmed I think I need to resign myself to an even longer wait than originally was prepared for.

Rachel

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like a very good idea.

It's not as if they aren't building and delivering the cars so why they are unable to provide confirmed build dates at the time of order mystifies me. At the very least they ought to be able to give a build sequence number.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right then, I'll get my typewriter out
and sort out a decent letter. I'll contact VW UK first and find out who's the best person to write the letter to.

If anyone has any other comments or suggestions please let me know and I'll do my best to include them.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right Gang, I have a letter composed and ready to go but thought I'd give VW UK customer service a call as a precursor to my letter.

I was told that the high demand is to blame for the build date issues and models most affected are Sport and Automatics, of which I fall into both categories, GREAT!!

From order to build it should not exceed 20 weeks, if anyone falls into this categpory please let me know so I can follow up for you. I will still send out my letter to get this in writing and also as a way of promoting this site with VW UK. Who knows, if we talk to the right people they may invite us to test drive forthcoming Tiguan models. This happened on a Polo forum I used to be a member of.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
862 Posts
Des, great effort...thanks for the update.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Gang,

Still waiting for my official response from VW but here are my own personal findings after talking to several dealers.

1.VW UK's official customer service response is that due to sheer numbers of orders all Sport and Auto models are delayed.

2.I have also heard some people mention that there are problems with the automatic gearbox, and as a result VW have ceased production till this issue is sorted out.

I have confirmed with two dealers that statement 1 is correct, and another dealer (my own) that statement two is correct. Personally I'm going to stick with statement 1. If there are problems with the auto gearbox, what is the problem? no one seems to know and why didn't VW UK mention this. Why are automatic Tiguan's still being delivered to dealers? I know of two this week. The plain and simple fact is 90% of 4x4 owners go for an automatic gearbox and VW cannot deal with the demand. As mentioned above I am still waiting for written confirmation, but whatever the delay I'm still prepared to wait for my own personal Tig.

Des

·
Registered
60 Posts
VW have been shipping Tigs since November and they produce millions of cars a year, I can't believe they can't plan and predict production runs.

I understand that heavy demand might cause longer delays between order and delivery but it does not explain why they cannot give a confirmed build date, particularly as they have set a defined limit on the number of Tigs each dealer is allowed in 2008.

Something smells fishy here

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer where I ordered my car still tells me they are "not aware of any problems" and my delivery date of late april is on. However I went into another dealer today pretending to be a new buyer and was told they have stopped taking any orders for diesel automatics as there will be no more "this year". Petrol manuals maybee "late summer". Incidently they have no demonstrator (they sold it yesterday) as they "dont see any point in having one if there are no cars to sell"!

My order is a TDI automatic Escape, mountain grey, black leather, tinted windows, satnav, convienience pack, bluetooth phone setup

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered my Tig on Saturday - a manual Escape. My dealer (UK) is still taking orders for manuals, but not auto's. Interesting to note that VW have removed autos from their configuration builder on the website.

Armed with the info from myTiguan I got the dealer to confirm in writing the trade in price (no matter when the Tiguan arrives), that they will supply a loan car if they choose to take the trade-in in advance of the Tiguan arriving and that if the delivery is more than 16 weeks from ordering I can cancel and get a full refund (not that I want to).

Hopefully manual escapes are less popular than all those Sports and SE's and I will get a sensible build date!! Here's hoping.

Keith

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KPNuts said:
Ordered my Tig on Saturday - a manual Escape. My dealer (UK) is still taking orders for manuals, but not auto's. Interesting to note that VW have removed autos from their configuration builder on the website.

Armed with the info from myTiguan I got the dealer to confirm in writing the trade in price (no matter when the Tiguan arrives), that they will supply a loan car if they choose to take the trade-in in advance of the Tiguan arriving and that if the delivery is more than 16 weeks from ordering I can cancel and get a full refund (not that I want to).

Hopefully manual escapes are less popular than all those Sports and SE's and I will get a sensible build date!! Here's hoping.

Keith
Keith you should be fine, the only models affected are Sports or models fitted with the automatic gearbox.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kaine said:
Hi Keith - welcome to the forum

What colour/options have you gone for?

Kaine
Kaine

Biscay Blue. Sunroof, 2zone climate, park assist, convenience pack.

I normally do not choose to have a sunroof as I have a long body and find they rob headroom. The first demo we drove (we got to drive an auto SE and a manual SE) had the panoramic roof and did not reduce headroom at all. We were absolutely amazed by this and the really light feel it gave so jumped at having it. From my examination it looks like those without the panoramic have quite a space between the headlining and the metal!

We were originally looking at the Freelander 2 (being LR Defender owners as well - this stays) but I brushed my head against the roof when in the passenger seat and remarkably the passenger seat does not adjust for height Even more remarkable is that the Discovery 3 does not have enough headroom in the passenger seat!

Keith

1 - 19 of 19 Posts