VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So, I am in full panic mode as it seems I have gone over a year now with problem after problem with my 2013 Tiguan SE. A once loved car is now my kryptonite..my root of allllll evil. From a faulty turbo charger, misfiring cylinders, A HUGE rust crack on my driver door that appeared out of nowhere, constant leaky tire because of a (what I'm assuming) misshapen rim that wasn't an issue the first year of ownership...weird. Anyways I digress, though I hate it, I do sort of love it...and I still owe $7k on it.

on top of those issues I have had a persistent leaking sunroof. now that winter is here I can push my hand down and about an inch or two of water will pool up馃槹 on top of that I will list accompanying issues

flashing tire pressure light. It will flash a few times then an error message will appear and say
that it is unavailable.

traction control light: this light just stays on, no flashing or anything. I was told by one mechanic who only made a crude assumption that this was on because of a persistent leaky tire...is this true?

Airbag error: typical light that comes on but it also warns me on the message screen

I'm not sure if they are related I'm hoping they are but also maybe hoping they aren't and my sunroof hasn't damaged everything in my car馃槚 I'm still in school and have few options. I heard from one person that it was thousands to address the two errors listed above but they were unaware of a sunroof leak. Then a VW dealer quoted my sunroof issues over $2,000 just to tear everything apart and find problems.

are there any mechanics or owners that have experience with this? is there a way I can remedy this for way cheaper?

Sincerely,
a broke college girl

Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
Tyre preesue light, and traction light will be related. Most likely an ABS sensor fault. Do you have the ABS light on as well?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyre preesue light, and traction light will be related. Most likely an ABS sensor fault. Do you have the ABS light on as well?
There is is no ABS light on...yet:rolleyes:. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes soon though. But, somewhat happy to hear that the lights are likely related to a leak, although, is that an expensive fix? Would the airbag error be related too? I've searched in this group and found conflicting answers. I'm going to get it diagnosed next week to know for sure but just trying to ease my mind a bit!

Registered
I bought a 2011 with a massive sunroof leak. A common problem point is the drains that go from the gutter around the glass panel to the corners of the car (you have 4 drains). On mine, it was the two in the back that were not connected and all the water was draining inside the car. If you can remove the trim panels in the hatch area, look for a blue rubber tube and make sure it's attached to the spider grommet in the floor. These blue tubes will get shorter over time and it pulls out from the grommet. I used a larger piece of tubing to connect the end of the blue tube to the grommet and that fixed it. Drying out the water was another story. I tore everything out and let air get under the rug for several days but you could try just putting a dehumidifier inside the car at night with the windows up. You gotta dry it out thoroughly though or it'll get moldy. See pics attached where I'm pointing to the location of one of the tubes and how I fixed it.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Thigh Auto part
Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Automotive tire Paint Gas

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a 2011 with a massive sunroof leak. A common problem point is the drains that go from the gutter around the glass panel to the corners of the car (you have 4 drains). On mine, it was the two in the back that were not connected and all the water was draining inside the car. If you can remove the trim panels in the hatch area, look for a blue rubber tube and make sure it's attached to the spider grommet in the floor. These blue tubes will get shorter over time and it pulls out from the grommet. I used a larger piece of tubing to connect the end of the blue tube to the grommet and that fixed it. Drying out the water was another story. I tore everything out and let air get under the rug for several days but you could try just putting a dehumidifier inside the car at night with the windows up. You gotta dry it out thoroughly though or it'll get moldy. See pics attached where I'm pointing to the location of one of the tubes and how I fixed it.
View attachment 33261 View attachment 33262
Thank you so so much! thankfully i have a garage so i think itll live in there for a while to dry out once i fix the leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts