VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

Had my cluster swapped out for the colour version (5N0 920 873 F B&W) to (5N0 920 883 H Colour).

Visited a local key tech with experience using a VVDI2, he reprogrammed the keys in front of me, all good. Drove home, no problems. That was on Thursday, but today (Saturday) we went down to notice Kessy not working, the unlock took 3 fob presses, 1 unfolded mirrors, 2 opened drivers door, 3 opened all doors.

"Keyless Defective" on the dash, ran a VCDS AutoScan, saw that KESSY is playing up - emailed the Key Clone guy he tells me "clear the error, it'll work until that sensor throws the error again" o_O.

Code:
                Address 05: Acc/Start Auth.       Labels: 5K0-959-434.clb
Control Module Part Number: 5K0 959 434 E    HW: 5K0 959 434
  Component and/or Version: VWKESSYPQ35GP 092 1202
           Software Coding: 030C0C
            Work Shop Code: WSC 01357 011 00200
              ASAM Dataset: EV_KESSYPQ35G A02717 (VW36)
                       ROD: EV_KESSYPQ35G_A02_VW31.rod
                      VCID: 372B2FA20FCC39F37E9-8062
1 Fault Found:

1058059 - Antenna for Keyless Entry System in Rear Bumper
          B1171 13 [009] - Open Circuit
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 185
                    Mileage: 66351 km
                    Date: 2021.06.26
                    Time: 11:57:09
Read on the Vortex forums (here) about a few MOSSFET issues with KESSY - has my visit the the local auto tech done this? or is it more of a coincidence that Kessy failed shortly after he touched it? Did he perhaps miss something in the coding?

I cleared all DTCs, KESSY would'nt close the doors so I think the issue is still present.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Go in vcds and erase keys and reprogram per manual. It might need to relearn the keys again. Not the immobilizer but the keyless side itself.

Reactions: Deaney

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got down this morning, everything worked just fine, I did have all of the keys in my pocket but KESSY let me in.

The car started without the error.

FYI - I went into VCDS, Module 09 anyway, but am not getting anything on channel 1 to learn the keys - it wouldn't work. Stating not available. I followed the guide here.

Maybe a false positive with all the cluster swapping going on, it just so happened to be 2 days later the rear antenna had a short? weird, but I wont put anything past the car at this point :unsure:.

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
I guess you both needed a good night's rest. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just coming back here in case anyone else experiences this - turn's out the bodyshop forgot to connect the rear antenna when re-attaching the bumper. :rolleyes::poop::poop:

After removing to install cabling for the exhaust I found it hanging there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts