VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2009 Japanese import VW Tiguan 2.0 TSI. It had a coolant leak and an oil leak. I changed the seals for the Coolant without issue. However, I just got my car back from having the rear main seal replaced to stop the oil leak. It’s not leaking, but the drive is super jerky when I try to accelerate after braking. At speeds over 80km it’s even worse. This problem didn’t arise immediately after I got the car back, it’s been two days and now it’s started. Help

· Registered
2022 Tiguan SE R-line Black Black/Black
92 Posts
Try doing a reset of the transmission. It is simple to do and costs nothing to try. Only ask if it works, let us know.

The car warmed up, and the engine turned off.

1. Depress the Start/Stop button (if using a key turn to position 2) without the foot on the brake pedal. The car does not start but is in the run setting. All the lights on the dash will light up.

2. Depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor until you hear and feel a click, like going into passing gear. Hold the pedal all the way down for 30 seconds.

3. Depress the Start/Stop button as if turning off the engine. If using the key turn the switch off.

4. Remove the foot from the gas pedal.

5. Wait for 2 to 5 minutes, start the engine, and go for a drive.

Some people do this every few months. Your driving pattern might change. Relearn your driving style.

Please, after trying this, give feedback if it worked for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts