VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ok - this is my first post - so be gentle. Have ordered a Tiguan 2.0 TDI SE from local VW Dealer in Southampton area.

We've gone for Biscay Blue with a Sunroof and xenon lights. I think the diesel was the one to go for. I think its best to avoid the FSI as this is the one in the Golf GT, and I've heard mixed things - also you've got a turbocharger AND supercharger that can go wrong.

I've been following the development of the Tiguan for over two years now, since Googling it ages ago. I've also got a Mk V Golf GTI - and I noticed the standard equipment level on the Tigaun is a bit stingy considering prices START at 19K. It will be interesting how they sell, as prices are not as steep as some 4x4s.

Welll better shoot now ! Has anybody else got any experiences yet ?

Cheers

simhar

Web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi Simhar,

Welcome to the forum - its pretty quite here at the moment as we're a young forum - your the first member to have already placed an order - well done!!!

Personally I'm waiting for the 170PS tdi to come in mid year, however will be taking a test drive of the 140PS shortly - well, as soon as my local dealer gets their hands on one in Early Feb.

Your feedback on ownership will be valuable to the forum

Kaine

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi & welcome,

I think you picked a similar spec to the one I would choose but, like Kaine, I'm potentially more interested in the 170ps diesel. Probably not changing until Sept anyway, so I am awaiting dealer contact re early test drive in the 140ps model too.

I'd be interested to read your thoughts on life with the Tig as you get to know it. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi - well this will actually be my first 4x4. I'm a bit of a self-confessed VW/Car nut. Had Golfs and Polos.

Just fancied the idea of a Golf-based 4x4, given the fact the roads are just falling to bits and fill up with water when it rains !

As I said before, the standard equipment level is a bit mean compared to other models in the VW range. Yet, compared to BMW X3 etc... the Tiguan represents quite good value. I was never interested in the Toe-rag because its just huge and I didnt need to tow a jumbo jet !

Anyway, I am getting pretty excited about getting it and will keep you all informed !

cheers

simhar

Web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk
email: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts