VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after months of waiting we collected our Tiguan on Saturday 1st March. Just getting used to the funny handbrake thingy. I'm really pleased with it as it seems solid and reliable. Parking is not too bad, didnt go for parking sensors - its like a Golf but higher up. I will let you know what the oil consumption is like etc...

Anybody whats to know anything just drop me a line !

Cheers

simhar

email: [email protected]
Web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have an auto, how exactly does the autohold function work especially on an auto, as I didn't check this on my test drive. I ordered the car anyway, but have a loooooooooong wait, because I also specced up dynaudio and the roof. So I'm looking at a June/July/August delivery

Can you upload some images for us all to admire
especially the touchscreen cd player displaying MP3 ID3 tags on the MFA???? You should be able to access stereo functions on your computer by pressing and holding down the down button on your wiper stalk.

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi , im still at the justifiy buying stage ,im a vag/bosch technicition of 21yrs and have never bought a new car , mainley because of the 1000+ you loose when you drive at away from the dealer , but with the tig i think things may be different .
ive had vw all my driving life from air cooled to three different mks of golf and they have all been second hand so i thought id treat myself one day and now the tig has come up well !
id like some feed back from owners ( when they do turn up) about the drive and also if they
regreat getting or not the optional extras
cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tooks some pictures at weekend - but been very busy ! Will post in due course (I did another post with demo cars on this site).

To answer questions - handbrake - you have a 'P' button and an Auto-button. The 'P' button acts as normal handbrake would, the Auto-button means the brakes are applied automatically when you come to a standstill. You can feel the brakes come on automatically when press the 'P' button - as there is a quiet noise and the brake pedal goes very hard.

As for the radio, the dealer set up the usual south-coast stations, but the menu's were all in the farter-tongue (deutsch) and so I had to change them manually to english. The CD player is good (i.e. there is no externally 6-cd caddy - its built in), but you cannot stuff in 1-cd, you have to select - CD-1 and then wait for an insert message. This is only a niggle !

Otherwise I am really happy about it. I don't have parking sensors, but find no harder to park than a mark V golf.

Cheers

simhar

email: [email protected]
Web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts