VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My tiguan arrived today after 11 weeks...

It was a nightmare journey from kent, with winds, torrential rain and flooding, but I was fine and tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world rocked,

Things most pleased about:

* car wow knocked 4.5k off and the dealership were amazing - plus, free tax, free reg fee and a tank of fuel!
* I'm now cancelling the finance, so essentially 2k for nothing!
* I had forgotten about the mats! but amazon sell vw tiguan masts for 18.99 so that's fine

Has anyone bought a boot liner? Thoughts please...

Enjoy your drives :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congratulations on your new arrival :twoup:

I used car wow and the same car as ours fully spec'd on the VW website / build configurer was over £35k - car wow came in at £29k which was very impressive.

We also managed to get tax, registration, etc, all thrown in as I told the dealer that we ended up buying from if they didn't match car wow there were other local dealers who would which was completely true and they knew this.

I am also thinking of doing the same thing as in cancelling the finance once we get the car so we are on the same train of thought

You need to get some pics up

Reactions: Flea72

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Hello

It was a nightmare journey from kent, with winds, torrential rain and flooding, but I was fine and tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world rocked,

* car wow knocked 4.5k off and the dealership were amazing - plus, free tax, free reg fee and a tank of fuel!
* I had forgotten about the mats! but amazon sell vw tiguan masts for 18.99 so that's fine

Congrats Flea72. I can feel your excitement across the Big Pond, lol.

A boot liner is a must IMHO to prevent spills and other scuff marks that may ruin your carpeted boot. Just this summer a small box of blueberries tumbled from our grocery bags into the liner and a few were subsequently squashed by other items falling on top of them. Can you imagine what that would have done to the carpet. :shock:

There are many sources for them; OEM through your dealer, E-Bay or other sites with varying costs and quality. Even a cheap one is better than nothing. ;)

Now, why not join us over on the Tiggy Map of the World? If interested there is a link in my Sig on how to join.

Have fun with your new Tig!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Flea 72,
Hope you're enjoying your Tiguan! I just collected mine last Monday and the excitement still hasn't worn off!
You mentioned a boot liner. In ordered one from Amazon as I have a couple of dogs. Ordered Monday night and arrived in Ireland via DPS on Wed afternoon! Excellent quality and suits my needs. If you go to amazon.co.uk and type in CUSTOM MADE VW TIGUAN BOOT LINER MAT 2007 ONWARDS, you should see a picture, pricing etc. I liked that it was custom made for the Tiguan, fits perfectly and can be stored in a carry case when not in use. Hope this helps. Happy motoring!!
Lorcan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello
Congratulations, hope you enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Boot liner is a must. We bought this one for about half the price of the VW version.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival Flea72 and there is a +1 :twoup: on what OD wrote about the liner. We had a flask of coffee deciding to leak while on holiday last year. Thankfully the bootliner saved it all after following a quick wash out, it was all like new again. So, Yes, bootliner is an absolute must.

Hope the smile never leaves your face when driving you new Tig, and look forward to your contributions on the forum in the future :wub:

·
Registered
2021 VW ID4 1st Edition
4,263 Posts
Boot liner is a must. We bought this one for about half the price of the VW version.
Same for me. It was £27 + p&p when I bought mine way back in 2011, so it remains good value.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Seeing as everyone is commenting on boot liners & without wanting to wreck flea's thread, are these boot liners any good? We have bought ones in the past that are oem & plastic & everything including our dogs slid around on them! I ended up buying a Cannon rubber mat from Halfords for about £70 that is superb & nothing moves anywhere on it.

Are the one's from Amazon really any good?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.