VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a new thread!

I am nicely surprised by my insurance quote. we are used to paying quite a lot for insurance due to the cars we drive and my insurance with LOADS of years no claims is currently approx ?550 for the 3.2V6 EOS. It's always been about this.

Direct line have just quoted me ?314 for the Tig
Brilliant! And I bet if I shop around I'll do even better

Karen

·
Registered
862 Posts
good news

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bawddwr said:
Try 'VW Insurance' (Zurich). Very competitive and tailored to VW.
Could be, but for my Touareg the rates went up significantly when Zurich took over the VW scheme

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's rated a group 9 and apparently that's pretty low for the class - from WhatCar the RAV4 is gp 11, Freelander is 11-13, CR-V is 12, X3 is 15-18.

I've got pretty low quotes from both the AA and MoreThan.

Yet another tick in the box for the Tiguan compared to the competition

·
Registered
19 Posts
May be cheaper, but '....there is no such thing as a free meal!' Young driver drove into the back of my stationary Touran TDi just over a year ago - ?10.5k of damage + in excess of ?4k car hire..... VW Insurance (Equity Red Star at the time - VW transfered over to Zurich during the on-going repair!) arranged for the third party's insurance to pay for the car hire; dealt with all the 'issues' and I had no hassle ensuring that the repair be carried out at a VW repairer - mind you, I part exchanged the Touran whilst it was being repaired! Some cheaper insurers will insist on the car being repaired by their own approved and recognized repairers. Just a thought!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tried LV this morning - ?266.99 including foreign travel. VW Insurance want ?290.33 where I am GUARANTEED hassle-free service if anything should happen. I've had two accidents in the last 4 years where two drivers have shunted the rear of my previous VW, a Touran (driving without due care & attention) - one in Germany, the other in the UK. Both times VW Ins were superb!

I've also purchased GAP Insurance on this Tiguan so I'd want/need to get to a VW dealer if the SUV was hit therefore I'd rather pay the extra ?23:34 and be hassle free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have just moved from Privilege to LV - Current car is a Golf GT 170 TDI - renewal a week ago (10 years plus NCD) now getting a ?67.00 refund moving to Tiguan. Fantastic news for me!

Do be careful to read the small print, especially around the excess (compulsory and Vol). The comparison web sites (gocompare.com and moneysupermarket.com) do not always make the amount that you are responsible for yourself very clear. More than was quoted with a ?850 excess which looked cheap on the surface. Sorry - Been in insurance for 25 + years so read the detail - I would also make sure that with new car that your policy has the 50 or 60% write off clause (most do) i.e. if your car is damaged / stolen in the first year as a new registered vehicle to you, the insurer will provide you with a new car. Hence GAP insurance generally of limited or any use in first year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my Tig insured for 231? with everything covered if something happens, inclluded free loan car.

I pay the first 122? of any damage which is a low figure here.

What do you pay in the UK and elsewhere?

·
Registered
610 Posts
squash said:
I got my Tig insured for 231? with everything covered if something happens, inclluded free loan car.

I pay the first 122? of any damage which is a low figure here.

What do you pay in the UK and elsewhere?
Those who live in rural postcodes will pay a similar amount / excess in UK, however in urban areas you'll pay upto 200% more with ?100 excess, or at least that what we approximatly pay.

Jon

·
Registered
24 Posts
confirm Jon's post - I live in rural area and pay around ?200 with annual mainland Europe cover. Folks in the big smoke pay a lot more. Insurers have been loosing money on motor business for some while, so some signs of price increases working through to the Market. Shop around for a deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts