VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
When I was thinking about buying the Tiguan I read the specs and was very impressed with boot space numbers.

When I bought the car I was less impressed, the boot didn't look that big:

213nt06.jpg

(This is not an advertisement for LIDL
icon_razz.gif
no relation with them)

Later I realized the boot space included the spare tire:

2lw0f46.jpg

You see how many litters are lost with that huge thing. If I remove the tire I will have a bigger boot for travelling, just need to take a repair kit or the wheel in roof box.

When I took the wheel I didn't liked what I saw.

142zl8w.jpg

But I remembered to see Tiguans with big boot in the photos.

Searched for the part that would give me more boot options:

1.jpg

And bought it.

Next step, install.

Remove rear seats, 4 bolts in the back and 4 in the front, just slide the seats to see the bolts.

2.jpg

Should look like this

3.jpg

Remove the small carpet in seat area and give it a good clean:

4.jpg

Just lay down the new carpet

5.jpg

Install the seats back, just like you removed, and you are ready!

6.jpg

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,983 Posts
brilliant!

Reactions: n4s

·
Registered
539 Posts
If I did that there would be a 100% chance I'd get a puncture on the first trip out!
Does the old boot floor still sit in its original position giving a sort of secret compartment?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I did that there would be a 100% chance I'd get a puncture on the first trip out!
Does the old boot floor still sit in its original position giving a sort of secret compartment?
It's the last picture on my post, you see the Secret compartment.

My idea is to use a roof box when traveling, but I will put the tire in the roof box and the bags in the boot. Normally I don't need to use the spare tire but the bags...

Now I tell you a secret, the first 2 pictures were taken with the boot floor already installed but don't tell anyone :razz: :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
1 Posts
where'd you buy the carpet from and what price? And can you confirm/type the part number? I think it's 5N0863463D from the picture but want to be 100% sure.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
So lucky to have additional interior color choices..looks good, I will be doing the opposite, I am raising the for to fit a full size spare....

How did you mount your rear foot well lights to the seats? I went with oem, and building my own brackets for to mount them, just need to dill a few tiny holes unless I find one under there to hold my bracket holding the oem light, find it odd that the Tigs seat pan didn't have the provision for them..

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
It's the last picture on my post, you see the Secret compartment.
Just don't be smuggling any illegal contraband stuff in that Secret Compartment.. :roll: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So lucky to have additional interior color choices..looks good, I will be doing the opposite, I am raising the for to fit a full size spare....

How did you mount your rear foot well lights to the seats? I went with oem, and building my own brackets for to mount them, just need to dill a few tiny holes unless I find one under there to hold my bracket holding the oem light, find it odd that the Tigs seat pan didn't have the provision for them..
Believe it or not but Tiguan has the place for the lights, but I didn't used it. Pull and release the tissue or leather in the back of the seat. When you do this you will see the place.

I just used zip tie because the lights get quite hot and I wanted the metal frame to act like heat sink.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Thanks, ill look again, with your instructions, they were a pain to pop in on the Golf so I am assuming the same is in order for these, but being in the back of the seat may make it easier, or ill just do it right, remove the seat so I can see and feel what I am doing...LOL

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The rear seat perforations for light units are pointless on the Tiguans, any lights are going to be squashed against the foam and to me it is a fire risk. Both my mk5's had a bit of a void for light units.

I used 3M tape to stick LED strips down on the rear of the seats.

·
myTiguan Master
2,340 Posts
I used heavy duty velcro to attach mine, been on for a couple years now and never moved.
I like the idea of a zip tie though, never thought of that.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
all good ideas on the lights... ill see what i find but sound better tucked away wit velcro or zip tie, I have the oem housings on their way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts