VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove the TDi Sport on Feb 22nd, placed an order on 23rd with a 10-12 week delivery for;

2.0 TDi SE Auto, Black Pearl, Black leather
2Zone climate, Cruise control, DVD SatNav, Off-Road, Fogs, Convenience and Park Assist.

Also ordered Tow-bar as dealer fit but will change this to Tracker and wait a couple of months till they've practiced fitting tow-bar on other peoples cars

Expect to hear a build date tomorrow, though will wait and see -

·
Registered
862 Posts
tpautig said:
Expect to hear a build date tomorrow, though will wait and see -
now where have I heard that before?

Nice spc though

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's now Order + 2 weeks so I checked with my dealer and no confirmed build date as yet.

Did manage to ogle a few Tiguans while there which should keep me going for another week.

·
Registered
82 Posts
have you heard anything yet? i ordered a similar spec at around the same time. not heard anything yet though... would appreciate info if you have any!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi Peter,

Member, 5erge is currently in the process of sending a letter to VW UK to try to get a formal answer to order lead-times - fingers crossed for a good reply

Kaine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just spoke to my VW salesman who said that their latest memo is quoting a 10-12 week delay on top of original lead times for any automatic tig. My original build week was quoted as week 16 (mid April build for late April delivery) and he's now saying early August as a possible delivery date. IS IT REALLY WORTH THE WAIT???

·
Registered
19 Posts
I `ve made up my mind if they put back the build date of my tiguan anymore then they can keep it!
At present it`s come forward a week from 18-17.
With all the waiting I have considered looking at Q5 or XC60.
As for you having to wait to August or later thats a joke! & I would`nt be laughing if it was me:headbang:

·
Registered
82 Posts
im currently driving a 2 seater sports car. and i dont have access to anything else...
ive got a baby on the way and this is the reason for the Tiguan....

i was promised it by first week June - baby is due last week of june... looks like we might have transport problems for junior. and im not sure how best to resolve that!.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I`ve had audi`s for the last couple of years including the new tt & have a comfirmed build date everytime.
So i was expecting the same with VW.Was I wrong!
Thats the thing I`ve found with Vw,they seem not to care.They think there cars sell them selfs.
Can your dealer not give an good explanation for the long wait?
Is it any of the options that you want fitted thats the problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe the problem is the number of options needed.ie teh factory has to do a custom build for each car rather than churning them out in masses.
i guess the line is just ramping up and perhaps they didnt expect such interest...however given the amount of advertising they did a month or so back i can not believe that they didnt expect interest....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I called my dealer today to ask about a build date (ordered March 5th). Apparently its 'scheduled' to be built next week. (Not confirmed build date though). Anyway, I told him I had heard of others with huge delays and he said that none of his customers had been affected (erm.... not convinced).

He said that he would call me next week, and confirm that the car is being built.... watch this space. (but im pretty sure Ill be affected by the delays too and he is just stalling.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll try and pop in to my dealer this weekend and see if there's any update on the situation. I'll pass on anything that's news worthy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoke to my dealer on Saturday and told the estimated but not yet confirmed date had moved from wk18-20 out to wk34. Yikes!!!!

I've decided to wait a few weeks to see how things develop as the dealer said once they've resolved the hold-up the date will probably come in. Also, it's only half way to the original date so it's not technically late yet.

The dealer also said they'd keep the PEX offer as is so my main concern is time at the moment. This may change once VW come clean about the actual issues with auto production - delay in components or is it a design/engineering issue?

·
Registered
862 Posts
In view of the posts on here about dates being pushed back and others getting surprises early I checked in with my dealer today. Mine is still shown as week 18 (end of April) build...so should be on track for a mid-to-late May delivery. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
had a call from my dealer yesterday, and as per previous posts he confirmedt hat my build date was now unknown and that they had stopped taking further auto orders....

allegidly its 'penciled' in for a may build date... but we shall see....
pete

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will be interesting to see what delays are experienced in Australia given the release next month. You would think that the first shipment of cars should be almost on the boat and in transit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts