Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,021 ·
Iggy is paid in full!!

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
Iggy is paid in full!!
Yahoo!!!! Let the bells ring and the birds sing. I'll be joining your chorus around September or October of this year when our house will be paid. Ah yeeeessss.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,023 ·
I'm on track to be free and clear by the end of the year. Going to feel good. Now it's time to save for my own place where ever it might end up being.

Reactions: Roy03

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Well I've now got a list up to $300 with FCP Euro for my 80k service

Plugs
Coils
Oil
Oil Filter
Serpentine Belt
Ceratec Treatment
LM Engine Flush
G13 Antifreeze
Differential Fluid
Cabin Air Filter

I still need to do the Brake Flush I might try it myself, I just need to get the cap for the friends pressure bleeder.

Also the headlight leveling switch will be here soon, maybe today. So I'll have something to play with this week. I did open one motor up and retract it as far as it will go and at a foot it's an inch difference in height so at 25 feet it should be major.

But darn. What am I ever do do with what was being spent on a monthly car payment. Lol!!!

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
What am I ever do do with what was being spent on a monthly car payment. Lol!!!
I'm pretty sure you will find a thousand and one ways Dan. ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello Dan,

I am enquiring how the Off Road button wiring is coming along from the ECU as it appears to have gone silent and dropped down (off) on your bucket list?

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,027 ·
Sadly it did not work. :( I did have it pinned correctly when I had it there originally. Maybe get my hands on ODIS and see if there is something I can unlock in the ecu with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Iggy - I am that guy from vwvortex ! so thanks for the reply! I must say I was anxious to get plug and play projector with leds. I read through your post there and most of the thread here. So sad they built them so close to 100% functional. Really I think they could have just put a H15 in there instead of the H7 for high beam/DRL and kept the DRL like stock halogens at minimum. I did play a little and discovered what I assume is the DRL wire cut (pin #4) and taped up like yours and they do have the raise/lower motor in them too. The bulbs that came with them are worst then stock too and like yours they do see to be aimed really low to the ground.

I like the idea where you are going with dim LED for DRL, and interested to see how the leveling works out. Are you going to use a level/dimmer like this: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-european-volkswagen-audi-parts/dashboard-illumination-and-headlight-leveling-control-switch/1j0941333a~oee/ which seems like it may fit right in the factory dimmer hole...

Since reading your post from vwvortex last week and this thread, I was really mulling over keep (i'm no master electrician but I can soldier when needed so I could probably swing it), versus return.

In the end I'm returning as I don't have the time right now to commit to doing the modifications needed and really I think they should have HID or LED bulbs too which would be more $ (and I have an occasional low oil pressure light the dealer has yet to figure out after 3 trips in that I may need to commit $ too)

Can't wait to see how you get yours setup and I might retry at a later date.

Had to go into the warzone of Vortex tonight to send Malosheck a message (he's been offline since January, hope he's okay) and found another guy with a Tiguan that bought the same lights having issues. Gave him the info I discovered, and maybe he can be refunded as well. Total BS they are selling these as Plug and Play with cut wires, and incorrect wiring and missing wiring. So I'm hoping I hooked him to join here. Vortex is a wasteland in the Tiguan section. Rolling my eyes and hardly anyone responding there. Not that I'm going to spend any time there but dang, I visit occasionally and realize just how good everyone has made it here. Been a very enjoyable 5 years and am honered to be an admin here with the best of them.

But on a sizable good note. I have an appt Wednesday with my financial institution and Iggy will be 100% mine. Woo! Paid off 2 years early!

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,029 ·
Welcome to the fun side of things here. We are a bit more vocal being all Tiguan's here other than Crickets on Vortex. Lol!!

I went with a Chinese switch off AliExpress for about $20. Ecs is getting to be a ripoff anymore.. should have the switch in a few days and will be doing a full write up on rewiring and installing them.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
IMG_20210417_203707_464.jpg IMG_20210417_203707_288.jpg PXL_20210418_041556004.jpg PXL_20210417_063009424.jpg

So I brought bin my spare motorcycle battery to do some bench testing to the headlights. Hard part was making sure I had the headlights in exactly the same spot to warrant a result. The radio in the background is roughly 20 feet away. And thrb2 different ones are the difference between the headlight leveling motor fully extended (low position where they were) and the fully retracted position where they should be in normal operating position. By jove I do believe I can make this work. That's a sizable difference. May install the passenger side this week after I make the modifications to the board so the DRLs function properly and dim when headlights come on. I'll be making a separate thread for the modification part as these will be coming apart and most likely a set of Lexus Projectors going in. Inside of the leveling motor in the other pic. I carefully lifted the motor up high enough to spin the transfer gear to retract the arm all the way in. They might go in a bit more even once wired up. So hopefully other projects willing I can get this accomplished this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have finally read all 52 pages. Great job! Once my warranty expires in a couple months I'll have to make a few changes to mine.
Congrats on getting Iggy paid off.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,032 ·
Don't be too worried bout warranty. Most of mine was done while still under warranty and CPO unless you have a no modification bclaise in it. They would have to prove that mod you did was the fault of the failure under warranty. Tuning now on the other hand is a huge greybarea if you came in with a blown motor and they found stage 1 on the ECU. Everything belsenas long as it's done properly should not harmn anything.

Reactions: Mostic

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,033 ·
Well @#$&$ another nail in the mod coffin. Possibly sent a defective leveling switch as all the notes I was given don't seem to work. Been poking and prodding to no luck. Have some very strange ohms readings and when I load it with some voltage the resistance disappears and voltage remains constant. I did get the motors to fully retract manually. Maybe need to open a motor up and try and directly power the motor to see if it's even 12v. Be my luck they are some 24v odd balls. Lol!!! I did send Kev3 a message for elsa on a .manual switch as I've got the wiring for the auto system. Maybe I'm just missing something but after 8 hours of tinkering my brain went to much. Other than a few hour break to evict a dead rodent from the garage. Started smelling something foil, moved the freezer and we found a huge norway rat. Thankfully he found my poison trap before causing ant real damage. He did get up into mom's car in the garage and left a few presents but no wires chewed. Neighbors had pest control out the other day so we figured maybe he came from mover there as we did have the doors open all day Saturday.

Other than that back to paying projects in the morning. So much to do somlittle time. One of these days I'll be caught up and can take a real vacation, one that isn't lying flat in the sack. Lol!

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Got a link to an online version of Elsa. Had to play with models but got one with the correct manual range control. Yep definitely got a bunk switch. The extra digit in the part number should of been my first clue. Lol!

The switch is labeled in reverse!!! It hit me just about the time I closed my eyes. So with luck maybe I can see the actuators move tomorrow. A quick test proved pin 2 was actually pin 3 (illumination ground) and another test shows the connections make sense now. Woo!

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
196 Posts
Can you post the link to the Elsa please iggy?

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
Dm Sent Stevey.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,037 ·
Okay no pics since everything vwas video, but I managed to get the leveling motors working right. After flipping the wires around I powered it up to see the motors sync and adjust to their zero points. Adjusting to 3 on the dial moved the actuators outward. Not nearly as far as they were.. cycled them a few times and everything seems to function correctly. Need to build the harness for them and make things permanent. Had to do a minor repair to the switch as well as one of the led wasn't soldered well and flickered. Seller basically told me to pins sand after the review I left. Lol.

But it may be a bit before I take the next step. Got a radio project that needs doing so I can utilize my bench again and not have everything piled up on my workstation in the house. After the harness and function test passes. Then they will be fully dissembled and the new better projector installed with better HIDs. Still debating on 34 vs 55 watt. So stay tuned sports fans.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
received_924187581673491.jpeg

While it's not blue stitched, and says GTI I'll take it. Need to find the R Line lower trim and an airbag. Fingers crossed I don't need the module as I've seen paddle shift installed on my coding.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 ·
Airbag sourced. Just be a few weeks before everything is here and I can do the swap. I also learned there is no module under the wheel anyone it's inside the wheel itself now. And I did verify my current module supports paddles as well so it should be swap code and play. I so miss being able to just blip down a hear on the wheel pulling a grade. Not having to reach for the gear stick. Also the wheel is a sport wheel. It's weighted!!! So that will be interesting.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,040 ·
Got the Title in the Mail today! Such an awesome feeling!!

1021 - 1040 of 1061 Posts