VW Tiguan Forum banner
1081 - 1098 of 1098 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,082 · (Edited)
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive side marker light

A bit of a long hiatus there. I've been absolutely buried with my new venture. Hardly have had much down time. But a few more things done to Iggy. Found some really nice Chrome Bezel Fog Grills from a seller on ebay that was not OEM. These are collision repair OES grills and only cost $50 usd but after allowing the seller to use my pics as a before and after I got a partial refund back to help boost his sales.

Then tires. I have been having consistent vibration issues no matter how many rebalancing they did it never got better. The Continentals Sport SRS was a great tire but after 20k miles one tire was already at the wear bar, one not far behind and the two others were 75% gone. 60k mile tire done at 20k miles. They all had the same batch code on them so they figured o just got a bad set. Not wanting to replace them again with a possible bad set I mounted my Wildpeaks to my Hartmanns. Originally I was going to keep the SRS on for Summer Duty and switch to my BBS wheels I had custom powder coating done on them. After getting them done, we did some test fitment and my buddy who did the coating and I both went nope color was a good idea but the design was totally not one I liked. So he knew someone with a midnight blue R20 and he fell in love with them, mounted them up and they needed a low car and skinny sidewalls to look proper so I sold them to him and made a bit of a profit. So after a few days on the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail in love. Exactly what I needed, great off road and quiet on the freeway. I have a bit of a vibration at 35, but I think it will go away when the tires wear in a bit.

Oddly enough the transmission is happier as well, it's no longer stumble shifting and it feels smoother, as my guess is with all the different tire diameters due to wear, I think was part of my vibration.

Up next will be hopefully finishing my BiXenon upgrade and JXB Performance carrier bearing, and a good list of other thing, pending I ever see the sun again. Lol!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Tread Road surface Asphalt

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Mostic

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
Very happy to see you back iggy

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,084 ·
Popped on for a bit to clean up some messages and posted an update.

Just about had a wrecked Tiguan, don't know what happened as I saw them torque it but had a very loose front wheel today. Scared the stuffing out of me. Had to say a few choice words to the manager of the shop. As I wasn't already happy after saying they would take care of things, and I still had to pay a ton of money for the new tires. They have officially lost my business now. Lol

·
Administrator
2,337 Posts
That must've been scary, glad you caught it in time. Maybe they'd left the torque wrench on minimal setting.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
Tire Wheel Car Window Vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Water Sky Afterglow Plant Cloud

Went up to my favorite spot to watch the sunset and messed around a bit. New tires are great. Almost too much grip, I got used to drifting corners on gravel. These dug in and gotta drive it.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,087 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Happy camper. Found I can finally get down into the lower boat launch where I used to fish with the new tires. Usually sandy and muddy as heck. Had no issues driving over the Dike and down to the lower sand bar.

Reactions: albrooks66

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 ·
Well after one tire replaced and multiple trips back for balancing I'm finally smooth as silk again with the Wildpeak AT Trails. It's a bit firmer ride and a bit more road feel but overall I'm happy with the change. While my new wheels didn't get put on and sold I do like my current wheels too much. Lots of complents so far with the more aggressive look.

H&R Lift Springs, a bunch of new bushings to install. Roof basket, Led Light Bar, and a custom bumper bar all in the works.

But that is it for now as I'll be recovering from a couple surgeries this summer to finally fix my shoulder and carpal tunnel on my wrist as well so time to relax and enjoy again.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Cloud Sky

We finally had our first 70 degree day Sunday. It was last time to knock the cobwebs out of the carb on the Harley. Lots of bikes out as well. Sadly due to some @sshatI finally dropped it. Was rolling thru a sml town trying to find a parking spot when someone decided to dart out of a parking spot causing me to grab the front brake a bit too hard. And it took everythingI could to easily lower the bike. No serious damage just a scratch on the crash bar. They did what they were designed to to protect the bike. Couple guys sitting outsidethe bar I was going into anyway ran out and helped me pick the bike back up. They earned the beerI paid for.

ThenI was to the south end of Whidbey Island to this little hidden gem of a beach. Not wanting to park in the gravel parking lotI opted to park in front of the no parking sign. LoL!

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,090 ·
Proof than an old hat can learn something. Ive always been an android person and was always annoyed if i used the Hey Google prompt when driving id have to be in BT mode to hear it. A few months ago i made the switch to Apple with the 13 Pro Max and Today driving down the freeway i said Hey Siri and asked a question, media unit changed to phone mode and Siri responded over the radio with it on Satellite Radio mode. It shocked me! After she responded it resumed the radio but left the phone menu open on the Nav Unit.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,091 ·
After nearly 8 years I'm stepping away for good now. Traded my Tiguan in on a 2022 CRV Touring today. Due to health issues and changes within the family. I had to find something a bit more comfortable and easier to get in and out of. I'll miss the Tiguan and the friends it brought me. But on to a new chapter. Good luck and take care.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: godoyrafa

·
Registered
2014 2.0 TSI AWD - Swapped
233 Posts
After nearly 8 years I'm stepping away for good now. Traded my Tiguan in on a 2022 CRV Touring today. Due to health issues and changes within the family. I had to find something a bit more comfortable and easier to get in and out of. I'll miss the Tiguan and the friends it brought me. But on to a new chapter. Good luck and take care.

View attachment 33051
We will miss you my friend, your support and contributions are in every car here ..
Wish you all the best and enjoy your new car, and try to don’t moding it :)

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,094 ·
Thanks Mostic. You know how to find me. ;). Sad part i am leasing it for 3 years with intent to buy/ finance it at the end. Had to sign a form saying no modifications outside of factory or Honda certified accessories. So its time to kick back in some luxury for a bit and go back to blending in. After being in dark/black interiors for so long im going to love having a different color and real leather for the first time.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Fixture

·
Registered
3 Posts
Traded my Tiguan in on a 2022 CRV Touring today. Due to health issues and changes within the family. I had to find something a bit more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.
I didn't end up buying anything after my collision in our Equinox, but tried the CRV and Rav4; neither had nearly as much room as the Tiguan. We are all unique, but my overweight 6-4 with size 15 shoes found the VW easy to enter. I cannot say the same for the Honda or Toyota.

I'm glad you found a good choice!

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,096 ·
New Tiguan is definitely much bigger. The MQB Tig elsewhere its called the All Space Tiguan. The CRV is a few inches dimensionally bigger than the 5N Tiguan which was mine. Pic is of 6’ 215 me in the back seat with the drivers seat where i need it.
If i could of found the package on a 22 Tiguan I liked i would of probably stayed with VW but the big tiguan wouldn’t fit in my 8’ wide garage door easily and the bumper was on the freezer before the butt was in far enough to close the door.
Are a few things on the CRV i find odd it lacks but for what it is the rest of the tech makes up for it.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Administrator
2,337 Posts
Its funny how you miss odd little features. The Volvo doesn't mute the music when the sat nav is giving instructions, and the tick box to avoid highways is buried deep in menus whereas on the VW it's just 1 menu down.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,098 ·
Same with the Honda and the voice prompts only come out the drivers speaker. Had to dig the menus to find the volumes. Also a short press of the PTT brings up Hondas voice prompts and a long press brings up Siri or Google Assistant. Found the super secret menus but all it can do is diagnostics. I was hoping to find a way to have the compass display on the radio all the time like the lower trims. Strange how it’s unavailable. But i guess since its gps based it lacks a true compass module. Unlike vw it can use the gps to still display the compass on the mfd after a few seconds. I had to disconnect the Compass after installing Nav to prevent it fighting and glitching thr compass display.

Heck i can ask it to turn on the bun warmers or even say set heat to X degrees.

The oddest thing so far? The auto dimming mirror is fixed in the on position. You cannot shut it off.

1081 - 1098 of 1098 Posts