VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I recently changed my throttle body and egr valve + i blocked my valve. The parts are from ridex. I hadd to take apart the intake manifold. I also removed most of the carbon build up in the manifold. Smacked everything together and took a test drive. The car was working great!!.
This moring, i got a code. P2015 to be exact.
Picture
This problem is kinda wired. Because i didn't take the motor off that control the valves in the intake. Its my first time dealing with this problem too.
But i think it may be something to do with the blacked egr valve or the new parts. Maybe i ned to update/notify the ecu that it has new parts? Like code the new throttle body and egr inn?
Anyways, im going to try too remove the plate that is blocking the egr and look for bad connections, and clear the code to si if it comes back.
Tiguan 2008 2.0tdi 4 motion

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
313 Posts
The motors do break sometimes, the gears inside are become brittle and fail. Maybe just taking it apart has caused it to fail?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I recently changed my throttle body and egr valve + i blocked my valve. The parts are from ridex. I hadd to take apart the intake manifold. I also removed most of the carbon build up in the manifold. Smacked everything together and took a test drive. The car was working great!!.
This moring, i got a code. P2015 to be exact.
Picture
This problem is kinda wired. Because i didn't take the motor off that control the valves in the intake. Its my first time dealing with this problem too.
But i think it may be something to do with the blacked egr valve or the new parts. Maybe i ned to update/notify the ecu that it has new parts? Like code the new throttle body and egr inn?
Anyways, im going to try too remove the plate that is blocking the egr and look for bad connections, and clear the code to si if it comes back.
Tiguan 2008 2.0tdi 4 motion

Okay. Im kinda embarrassed by this. It simply boils down too, not taking the minus connection of the battery while disconnecting plugs around the intakemanifold. So i cleared the code and tok a drive. It has been some days now, and the code hasn't showed itself. So yeah, always remember to disconnect your car battery before changing thing's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you do that? What tools did you use?
With a smiple code tool. My diagnostic tool is from icarsoft. My tool isn't advanced or anything, it's a simple read and erase code tool. You can get them in may variants. My tool is easy to use and inexpensive. So yeah. Do yourself some reading up on diagnostic tools, and you'll know what to go for

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,371 Posts
I think he was asking how you removed the CARBON buildup :)

·
Registered
2010 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4Motion R-line 177HP
313 Posts
When i did mine, a small flat blade plastic tool, and plenty of brake cleaner. Make sure you use plenty of towels beacuse it makes a mess!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you do that? What tools did you use?
Sorry for the extreme late answer😅. I sprayed the intake manifold with degreaser, and let it soak for an hour. Then i used a toothbrush and scrubbed the inside off the manifold. After that was done i used a high pressure washer to rinse the degreaser and the loose carbon. When that was done i used a air compressor with a tin nozzle at the end of it. Too knock the rest of the carbon loose. worked like a charm.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts