VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

I'm new here so hello to you all.

After collecting the Tiguan Allspace last week,

I'm trying to update the maps and/or install the speed camera database on the infotainment system.

Unfortunately, all the images I've seen of the unit to insert the SD card show isn't the same as my car.

The unit that would be in there is just a plastic blank with only the holder for the spare SD cards on the left side.

Any idea how I update these things ?

Thank you

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
Yes, the latest head units whilst they look identical, are MIB3, as against the previous MIB2. I believe the updates can be downloaded directly on the head unit if you've got it connected to the internet. Otherwise, download offline to a USB-C stick and place in the slot in front of the gear stick.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tricky

That is great to hear. I've downloaded this large file and will give it a go tomorrow.

Do I need to browse somewhere to run the update, or will it just detect this?

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
13,499 Posts
Hi Andy, just some friendly ribbing from across the Big Pond. Your profile has your Tig as "202" and your thread title states "20201". And the real year is.....? ;)

Old Dog

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,088 Posts
Hi Tricky

That is great to hear. I've downloaded this large file and will give it a go tomorrow.

Do I need to browse somewhere to run the update, or will it just detect this?

Thanks again.
I don't have it so can't explain precisely, but gleaned this reading on other forums (this new unit is common across all the platforms, tigs, t-cross, t-roc, golf etc) i'm guessing under satnav, touch the settings button and look for update.

It's really bad VW seems to have issued precious little information on the new units.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's really bad VW seems to have issued precious little information on the new units.
They want us to go into the dealer for updates.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 2019 Allspace and when I tried to update the sd card, it ran out of space. It appears the current update is 15567Mb against about 14.8 Gb formatted space. Did any of you managed to update recently for MIB-2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts