VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone , i'm a newbie here ,
i just got my first tiguan , been a golf owner for the last 20 years (mk3 vr6, mk4 R32, mk5 GTI).
i bought a used 2010 tiguan 2.0 petrol with 100 k miles on it but with a very decent condition.
i have this problem where there's a weird ticking sound coming from inside my dash board
it only appears when i enter the car and soon after i close the door
ignition off , engine off , nothing is turned on
i have recorded a video (link below) of the ticking sound (i have boosted the audio inside this video to make the sound clear , in real life the sound is very low and can barely be heard)
i'm a new tiguan owner so i don't have a clue of what this might be
thanks in advance for any help

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,441 Posts
Two possibilities come to mind, a relay, most obviously, but also maybe a ventilation motor trying to move a flap but the drive skipping. There's a calibration for the ventilation, hold the AC and face vent buttons together and it should start cycling each motor and might give you a clue if it is that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two possibilities come to mind, a relay, most obviously, but also maybe a ventilation motor trying to move a flap but the drive skipping. There's a calibration for the ventilation, hold the AC and face vent buttons together and it should start cycling each motor and might give you a clue if it is that.

thank you so much for your reply . i will give it a look tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i kept on searching and listening until i was able to isolate the sound inside the radio so i removed it (i have the RCD510) i dismantled it and found out that it has 2 stuck cds inside and the mechanism for ejecting the cds and changing between the 6 cd changer is damaged ...while everything else is working normally , so i unplugged the ribbon cable that connects the whole cd mechanism and now the sound is gone ..and i'm using the head unit without cds only radio and SD card ..thank you all for your help , Problem solved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts