VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

One for the lucky owners out their who have already got a Tig in the driveway. Can one of you (or lots if you like !!!) measure across the double chrome bars in the centre of the grill for me please.

I've got a 4motion badge that I want to look at fitting to the grill but think it will need a backing plate that bridges across the grill bars if that makes sense (bit hard to describe really).

So, I've got the badge (got two actually but the other one will just go under the Tiguan badge on the rear), and I've got some Plexiglas RP sheet that I'd like to cut to make the backing plate BUT I don't have my Tig yet so I don't know what size to make it !!!!! The idea is that the 4motion badge is stuck to the backing plate and the backing plate is then stuck to the grill bars !! get it ???

Thanks in advance

Cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi Derek,

What measurements on these bars do you want?

Is it the width of them or the height between the two? I'm not quite sure from your post.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rob

Really I want both !!! The width of the chrome strips plus the width of the gap between if that makes sense ?? So, there's really three measurements total, width of chrome, width of gap, width of next chrome, does that make sense ?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
OK...here's a starting point:
I can see the text is a bit small, so
Total inner width of grille at top - 925mm
Height of grill between inner top & inner botton - 190mm
Outer edge of VW emblem to inner edge of grille - horizontally - 320mm
Gap between larger horizontal bars - 23mm
Height of horizontal bars - 23mm as well
Depth of horizontal bars - they are bevelled. Top depth is about 40mm, bottom depth is about 50mm

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts