VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I brought a 2009 Tiguan from a garage. So far I’ve spent a fair bit fixing a few problems, but they just seem to come naturally with this vehicle.
-* the heating constantly makes a noise like it’s blocked?
—*im not sure if it’s fuel I’m using but whilst I’m driving along it’s sort of jerking like it’s not getting the fuel through properly.
- when I am changing gear or accelerating there a weird clicking noise, I’m not sure if it’s coming from the wheel or not?
please any halo or solutions is appreciated

thanks

· Registered
65 Posts
Have you had the engine computer (ECU) scanned for fault codes? Jerky behavior could be many things from fuel injector issues to ignition coils / spark plugs going bad, among other things. List everything that you know has been done to the car to give us a better idea where you are with it.

ALSO- have the timing chain tensioners been updated / replaced?? If not, you have a ticking time bomb on your hands as they are very prone to failure!

As far as clicking noise during acceleration and shifting… that sounds like suspension components noise. This could be do to control arm bushings being worn out and having play, along with the strut top mount bushing being another potential culprit… all suspension components should be checked for play / failing bushings etc.

How mechanically inclined are you? If you are not doing any of this work yourself then it could easily cost you more than you would like to keep this Tiguan on the road based on age and things that were improved upon in later production years.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the engine computer (ECU) scanned for fault codes? Jerky behavior could be many things from fuel injector issues to ignition coils / spark plugs going bad, among other things. List everything that you know has been done to the car to give us a better idea where you are with it.

ALSO- have the timing chain tensioners been updated / replaced?? If not, you have a ticking time bomb on your hands as they are very prone to failure!

As far as clicking noise during acceleration and shifting… that sounds like suspension components noise. This could be do to control arm bushings being worn out and having play, along with the strut top mount bushing being another potential culprit… all suspension components should be checked for play / failing bushings etc.

How mechanically inclined are you? If you are not doing any of this work yourself then it could easily cost you more than you would like to keep this Tiguan on the road based on age and things that were improved upon in later production years.
It’s been to the garage as I’m not good with that, I had the top mount done the other day. I’ve had the brakes done but there fine, It’s going in to be plugged in Monday.
I’m not sure about the timing chain, it’s on 105k I’ll check the service history and make a note of what’s been done.
I did fill up at Tesco the other day that’s when I noticed the jerking, I put shell in this morning with some red ex

· Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Jbbj1995 is in the UK.

Reactions: Ianator157

· Registered
45 Posts
The clicking noise could be either your front or rear suspension.

I recently had my rear suspension repaired (coils, control arms) and at the same time they replaced all the bushings, rubbers and what not in the front. All noises are gone.

My experience with the jerking I had might have been related to the used car dealership that i bought it from who might’ve put a bit of cheap fuel. It went away after servicing which included replacing the ignition coils and spark plugs and filling with a tank of premium (91 octane).

· Registered
270 Posts
Hi guys, I brought a 2009 Tiguan from a garage. So far I’ve spent a fair bit fixing a few problems, but they just seem to come naturally with this vehicle.
—*im not sure if it’s fuel I’m using but whilst I’m driving along it’s sort of jerking like it’s not getting the fuel through properly.
- when I am changing gear or accelerating there a weird clicking noise, I’m not sure if it’s coming from the wheel or not?

thanks
Hello, I have an '09 Tiguan as well, except its a gasoline engine. I take it that you are have 3 different proplems. I'll take a shot a each, in order.

- I recently changed the Fan for the Heater/AC, the fan hafts/bearing wear our and make noises as the fan stalls usually while turning or braking, same thing happened to our '10 Golf as well. The stalling of the fan can cause the resistor that control the fan speed to burn out. If you are handy both fan and resister are locted under the glove box and can be replaced in 15 minutes.There are How To Youtube videos.

- I'm not familar with Diesels so I have not comment on the Jerking that you are experiencing.

- If the clicking you hear increases with the vehicle speed, it could be a CV Joint going bad.. A wheel bearing can cause clicking as well but more often than not its more of a rumble or growl.

Cheers!

Reactions: Ianator157

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone.
Its a very old post, and probably you have found out what is the problem but maybe answer will be useful for someone else who is looking for info. Had the same problem, jerking while driving or acelerating. It can be a ton of reasons https://www.wheelsjoint.com/volkswagen-tiguan-slow-acceleration-causes-and-how-to-fix-it/ but it can be quite simple one which is not writen here. Small device and don't know exanctly in english but its vacum or air presure sensor or regulator, small thing costs about 40 euros easy to change by self, or it can be that hoses that comes from it has micro holes in them and air gets in and causes that headache.

· Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,488 Posts
Vaido, when posting after a quote, type your reply AFTER the "[/QUOTE]" so it shows as a reply as I've just edited above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts