VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
VW Tiguan 2015 (64 Plate) R-Line 4Motion 2.0L Diesel Manual 140BHP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Thought I would introduce my self, first time joining a proper forum for cars so I thought I would give it all. To start here's a bit about my self. My Name Jack I am 21 I live in the North East of England and I have just purchased a new to me Tiguan as a upgrade to my Qashqai

I pick up my 2015 VW Tiguan r-line 2.0L Diesel 140BHP 4 Motion Manual on the 30th September from the dealer. It's on a 64Plate Pearl white with fresh powder coated black alloys.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community and sharing my experiences with you all

Thanks for popping in to view the thread

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Jack!

·
Premium Member
13,679 Posts
Welcome to myTiguan.com JackLaws2000 and thanks for joining our Tiggy Forum. The second Tiguan I had was a 2015 dressed in Pure White. It was the base model (Trendline) 2.0L with AWD. No diesels to be had here across the Big Pond.

Forums are a great place to ask questions, but they are also a great source of information. Our search engine accepts a minimum of 3 characters (Numeric and/or Alphabetic). Best to make sure you are searching "All Forums". If you still can't find anything by all means ask away as we are all here to help and learn.

Just for your info you can edit any of your posts. You cannot however delete a post. You can delete all of the content and then type in "Mods please delete." Here is a link to one method for adding pics. >>> How Do I Add a Pic? .
You can also add your City, Region, State, Province in the freeform field "Additional Location Information". Simply edit your profile, insert your info and then save. This area is reserved for further location details only.

Would you care to join us on our Tiggy Map of the World by planting a marker to show how truly global our Tigs are? If you would like to plant a marker for your Tig please see the second link in my Sig on how to add yourself. There are a couple of other links you may want to look at too.

We look forward to your participation and contributions down the road.

Cheers!

Old Dog (aka Garry)

Reactions: JackLaws2000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Old Dog, I have just added my location onto the map I can see theres quite a few people. I am so excited to go pick it up When I test drove it I just fell in love instantly

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks like it is in great condition, Jack. Tigs are amazing vehicles but they need regular and thorough servicing. Ensure the servicing is up to date along with a new timing belt+water pump before driving away. Transmission oil changes (there are several of them) are virtually ignored by VW but it is wise to have them done. - don't let the dealer tell you 'they are filled for life'.

It would also be worth asking for a printout/digital copy of the scan the dealer should have performed for you to keep as a servicing base.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it is in great condition, Jack. Tigs are amazing vehicles but they need regular and thorough servicing. Ensure the servicing is up to date along with a new timing belt+water pump before driving away. Transmission oil changes (there are several of them) are virtually ignored by VW but it is wise to have them done. - don't let the dealer tell you 'they are filled for life'.

It would also be worth asking for a printout/digital copy of the scan the dealer should have performed for you to keep as a servicing base.
Hi there, thanks for the advice. The dealer is doing a 103 point inspections I questioned about timing belt and water pump and he advised that it will be done.

He said he will also give me the signed off sheet with proof

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Morning against the 140 but you want to have a bit of fun find yourself a tuner that can bump the HP up a bit. I ran a custom tune on the same motor in my Golf and bad a tire shredding machine. Lol. Bumped it to 165hp and 350tq. Then we detuned it down to 325 tq to keep the DSG happy. Darkside diesel also has kits to put the CR170s from the GTD turbo and infectors on the 140 and really have a decent running Tiguan. Plus the added hp and two you get. Better fuel mileage

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, that is a investment further down the line when I get bored of it (which I inevitably will) been drive 4 years and have had 4 new cars.

Hope fully this is a car which I will have till it blows up at 250k miles

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had a look on Celtic Tuning and they can do a Stage 1 remap up to 204BHP and 380tq

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Just remember if you have the DQ250 DSG it had a torque limiter at 350tq. Why I had to back pedal mine. On a hard launch it would trigger it and enable limp mode.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just remember if you have the DQ250 DSG it had a torque limiter at 350tq. Why I had to back pedal mine. On a hard launch it would trigger it and enable limp mode.
To be honest as mentioned above. It wont be for while before I look at doing anything tbh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are the Tiggy's speed limited like most VAG?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts