VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is good to be here.
My Vw Tiguan is showing on the screen "engine fault workshop"
Please can you help me with this. Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Can you tell us the Year, and motor and miles? It would better serve you..

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,024 Posts
Ok, can we restart this discussion, Collins, the car came with a variety of engines, petrol and diesel, so it would be useful, to know a lot more about your tig and the engine you have. Then, is this fault sudden or been coming on a while, have you had the car a while or is it new to you, has it been serviced regularly, and what dash lights come on with the message?

At you've given so far does not give us anything to go on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is petrol TSI engine the write-up on the screen started when did the last service. When I scan it with VCDS I got camshaft position sensor implausible signal and manifold flap position sensor implausible even with this fault codes the car is running fine but keep showing "engine fault workshop " please what should I do. Thanks

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
The camshaft sensor having an implausible signal would definitely trigger that code. Surprised you don't have any other lights on the dash. Clear the codes see of they return after a drive. If they come back of start by replacing both the sensor and the flap motor. Both are easy to get to.

We ask all this upfront because like here in the US we get one motor the 2.0 TSI Petrol. In Europe they have 3-4 Petrol and a Diesel motor. Since we are from all over knowing all the little details helps us narrow it down as each motor has its own nuances.

120k miles also could be indicative of it needing the GDI service if it hasn't been done to remove carbon off the intake valves. But that usually triggers misfire codes and poor performance. Also now that you have hit 120k miles it's needing a new Timing Belt. If it's the 2.0 motor, and being a 2011 it has the first gen tensioner that fails. Hopefully it was replaced early on when they had the issues with them.

All and all get a few things checked out before things get worse. As if that belt skips even one tooth kiss the top end goodbye. All TSI motors are an interference motor and valve damage will happen.

Reactions: mike2020

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I clear the code it come back almost immediately on the dash I have a check engine light and abs light

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Start by replacing the cam sensor. As it's tied to other sensors. Cam sensor issue could also be a worry if the chains are stretched to the point the cams are out if phase. Go into measuring blocks and view both cams and see if it sees them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK I will replace the cam. Please which number will I use to view both cam in measuring blocks. Thanks.

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
Wait till you view the cam phase in measuring blocks first. I cannot remember the number but type in CAM in the search and you will see it pop up. If the cam is seen then it's something else upstream on the same data string. Welcome to VWs screwy electronics. Cam sensor is an easy swap it's right on the cam bridge of it's a 2.0.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts