VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, just thought id introduce myself to the forum.

My name is Louis and between me and my partner we bought ourselves a 2013 2.0Tdi 140bhp R-Line Tiguan last October from main dealer as Approved Used, as our family has started to get a little bigger.

we love the car it is fantastic , however recently weve had a couple teething issues, nothing major however I fired the car straight back yo main dealers as the glow plugs were flashing and the start/stop had an error.

im in the motor trade myself but I thought F it the car came with 1yr Warrenty and 1yr VW assistance.

they've told that the error codes after diagnostics relate to the throttle body and egr system, the vehicle was stripped down and they told me that it was full of soot and they wanted £250 to clean it for 2hrs labour, I told them to get on their bike lol. after a little research it turns out the throttle body was changed under warrenty on the 24th august 2017 and speaking to a few mechanic friends of mine they told me they would expect SOME soot on the throttle body but blocked up in under 6000 miles however the egr systems are shocking as they block quite often and recommend I get it blanked.

some how I managed to get Vw to pay for the work to get done as they told me the cleaning of parts is not covered under the extended warrenty given to me.

anyways more to the point, my cars has just ticked oved 49k, im looking to go down the route of having the EGR blanked and a Stage 1 remap, does anyone have any pros/cons I can take criticism and banter on the chin so im looking forward to your replys haha.

any help would be great,

thankyou

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 VW ID4 1st Edition
4,263 Posts
Welcome to our extremely friendly and informative forum Borgy.
icon_thumbs.gif

Personally, I can't help with your query, but I'm sure someone will chip in pretty soon.

·
myTiguan Master
2,340 Posts
+1????????

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've heard pro's and con's about blanking the EGR off. I think they are useless, fancy putting back exhaust gas back into an engine, don't make sense to me.

Keep us updated tho' if you get it done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I've heard pro's and con's about blanking the EGR off. I think they are useless, fancy putting back exhaust gas back into an engine, don't make sense to me.

Keep us updated tho' if you get it done.
thankyou, going in next Friday mate, I will let you know the outcome
icon_thumbs.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i got the car back yesterday after having the EGR blanked and a stage 1 remap....

what a difference, no flat spots, pulls like a train and feels way smoother than before!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah not too bad, do they have a dyno there?
What's the bhp now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah they have a dyno, I wasn't interested in that I was more concerned in the egr issues , it was £200 on its own or £350 for the blank and remap, apparently its gone from 140 to 185bhp and 300nm to 410nm. I know its not dyno'd but I did say to the guy how do I know its been done, he basically said youll feel it, and if I want it dyno'd its no problem.. so I do believe them....

and yeah you can definatly feel it
icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
took it for a quick run up and down the motorway for about 20 odd miles just to clear the DPF and see what gains I got economy wise, 3/4 of a tank giving me a range reading of about 415-425 and my short term mpg was 51-52 and long term was just over 50mpg. im quite happy with that considering it wasn't a long trip and some country lanes

IMG_4666.jpg

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
Nice to hear from a long time owner :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts