VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.0TDi 172 manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 Tiguan has the basic H7? headlights, which I had on my previous Tiguan too, I did upgrade these with better bulbs but were still a bit on the dim side for my liking, can I fit the later factory projector headlights without having to change anything and not upset the canbus either, or are there other issues.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Projector upgrade requires a bit of work. Wiring, leveling sensors, some cases a different bcm. Not a cheap upgrade. I bought a set of retrofits off eBay and they are junk and also needed wiring not provided to make them work right.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Being you are from great Britain that harness will make them work but the AFS and Leveling will not be functional which I believe is a requirement for your MoT inspection

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,194 Posts
Yes, all sorts of fails for the MOT basically you're not allowed anything other than halogen in the standard reflector.

Best to go for nightbreakers or one of the other high intensity halogens. Did these in misses Polo and the improvement was impressive. Especially considering by comparison my Tig had Xenons.

·
Registered
2012 2.0TDi 172 manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knowing the recent changes to to MOT with LED and Discharge bulbs being unable to retrofitted unless original spec equipment, Osram Nightbreakers are starting to look like the option needed, only tempered with their longevity issues, any other decent options on bulbs?

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I got about 2 years out of a set of Night Breakers before they dimmed to low levels. Phillips makes an Extra Vision 130 that is comparable. I've ran both and get the same time, just replace them every 18 months or so and all's good. I imported my first set of NBs here now they are actually available here in the US. You find out in a hurry how badly your headlights are aimed with them. Lol! Now if they only made an H15 in a NB for the high beams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts