VW Tiguan Forum banner

Headlight Assembly replacement MK2

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mickjane2 
#1 ·
SE NAV 2016. Managed to crack the drivers side headlight by hitting a bird. Needless to say the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced which seems impossible to do without removing the whole front! Please help I’ve no idea where to begin!

#2 ·
Yep sadly have to pull the bumper which removed the upper and lower grills. Not difficult, a thread in the stickies how to do it. I am able to pull the bumper in about 20 mins now. Once it's off the headlight is a simple swap,but be advised if you have BiXenon lamps with LEDS you need VCDS to adapt the new headlight, and you may have to transfer over all the parts from old to new headlamp

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi iggy, here in the UK the 2016 SE is the new model, mk2. So the procedure will be somewhat different. Also Clau, if you've got ACC then the sensors behind the grill badge and will need recalibrating by a dealer after removal. Clau, also check out the mk2 forum, <a>https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk </a>as I'm sure someone on there has removed the grill.

Tricky

#4 ·
Thanks Tricky. One thing of dislike about the mobile version I forget to pull the location. We even still have the Mk1 Tiguan for sale here till the end of this year, only one trim level..

#5 ·
If like me you have the LED headlamps I have been told they are over a grand apiece.

Mick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.