VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice other similar posts on this theme but my RNS 510 (in my 2010 Tiguan) has gone haywire. Too much to post here but mainly I get the 'Welcome to Volkswagen' screen then it goes black and I get no response. What response I can get is intermittent and in German - not much use to me as I'm in Melbourne Australia. I have tried resetting it (pressing both left hand buttons plus Star on the CD player and it tells me (in German) 'System is starting' but nothing happens.
I doubt much can be done (is there anything?) so I'm on the lookout for a replacement. Like a recent post from Ian Stewart I would like something other than the 510. What genuine VW units are there that will fit? Other than that, has anyone fitted another brand that has all the functionality of the 510 plus maps and auxiliary connections for music other than CD, SD and Bluetooth or am I asking for too much. Cheers, Ray

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi Ray across Bass Strait. I got an S100 (not sure of make) to replace the 510 that was brilliant with good satnav (better than the current VW satnav), good radio and rear camera - cost me around $1700 installed.

Try visiting your local reliable car electronics store and see what they have to offer.

I still have the 510 if you want it - you just need to pay the postage.

Pls PM me if you want further info.

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ray across Bass Strait. I got an S100 (not sure of make) to replace the 510 that was brilliant with good satnav (better than the current VW satnav), good radio and rear camera - cost me around $1700 installed.

Try visiting your local reliable car electronics store and see what they have to offer.

I still have the 510 if you want it - you just need to pay the postage.

Pls PM me if you want further info.
Not sure how to PM on this forum Mike. I just hope you're more reliable than the bloke in your profile pic 😂

·
Registered
857 Posts
Help pls mods how to PM

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Click your avatar top right and you will see conversations, Go there, new message, and add the member you want to send it to and it should pop up as you type it in. Then send it away.

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Not sure how to PM on this forum Mike. I just hope you're more reliable than the bloke in your profile pic 😂
Here is a step by step on how to PM albioninoz:
1) Click on your avatar in the top right-hand corner,
2) Click on "Start Conversation".
3) To the right of Recipients start typing the username. When it appears click on it. You can now enter additional recipients if you want.
4) To the right of Title type in an appropriate subject matter.
5) Move down to the message area and start typing your message.
6) Once finished with your message, click on "Start Conversation" to send.

Cheers,

Garry

·
Registered
857 Posts
Regret nothing rec'd, Ray. Maybe the Mod's editing changed the setting? Can you pls try again.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Make sure you selected and clicked on the correct Mike2020 when entering it in to the send to section of you do not select the name as it pops up it will not send correctly. Should see his avatar pop up when done correctly

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Ah that's just his profile page that the public sees. Please send a private message so the communication is clearer between parties.

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Ray, have you seen my step by step in post #6 on how to send a PM?

Garry

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
My pleasure. I hope you resolve your Head Unit problem.

Cheers!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Iggy, do you have access to Ray's and my PMs and if you do could you kindly have a look at the two photos as to whether the two units are compatible and have the same functions? Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
We don't have access to private PMs for security and privacy reasons.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here are the two units

Car Automotive design Mode of transport Vehicle Gadget

Output device Laptop Electronic instrument Office equipment Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Yes plug and play. If he's going to the nav unit he will need a cheap magnetic GPS antenna mines stuck under the dash to the side of the radio hole and works fine. Ones the very base model and one's the RNS 510. If he's going backwards to the RDC310 then just don't hook the blue Fakra Connector.. he will need to visit a dealer to unlock unless the radio is sold with the code. They will not give them over the phone anymore and do not trust eBay sellers selling codes.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Tks mods for all your help

Reactions: albioninoz
1 - 20 of 38 Posts