VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the haldex oil this evening, everything when fine but I could not remove the haldex filter I know it is meant to be for life but the old oil was very black and I thought I would remove, clean then put back.
Has anyone changed there's?
I know you can get a filter kit from Awesome GTI so it must come out.
Any tips or advice how to remove this filter much appreciated.
Was thinking about changing the haldex oil again in 6 months with a new filter as the old oil was so black.
And buy the way haldex oil SG055175A2 one litre bottle is £23.72 & the G060175A2 850ml is £35.37 from TPS how does that work???

·
Premium Member
5,993 Posts
VW does not sell a filter. There are some places on the web that have sourced the correct filter and sell it as a kit for way too much money (my opinion). Unless you have a new filter DO NOT remove the old one. The kits come with a new cover/seal and I fear you would leave yourself in a bind. The filter is not cleanable.

I have been trying to source a filter for mine and my customers with little success as of late. Every few months I try again.

As for the oil, this is VW stupidity. Get the 1L bottle, there is no difference other than size. They used to list the 1L bottle for the Tig and then changed it to 850 ml under a new part number. Other cars in the fleet still list the 1L bottle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VW does not sell a filter. There are some places on the web that have sourced the correct filter and sell it as a kit for way too much money (my opinion). Unless you have a new filter DO NOT remove the old one. The kits come with a new cover/seal and I fear you would leave yourself in a bind. The filter is not cleanable.

I have been trying to source a filter for mine and my customers with little success as of late. Every few months I try again.

As for the oil, this is VW stupidity. Get the 1L bottle, there is no difference other than size. They used to list the 1L bottle for the Tig and then changed it to 850 ml under a new part number. Other cars in the fleet still list the 1L bottle.
Thanks for the advice again, if you manage to source a filter for yours please let me know.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I left the filter for the reason listed, I didn't want to be stuck without one, or make mine unusable.

I remember when I ordered my Haldex fluid, the part number I gave was on back order and I heard of dealerships buying all the stock up from anywhere they could get it, when TPS had loads in stock under a different part number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts