VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer rang me this afternoon to say their two Tiguans had just arrived off the transporter. A Silver 2.0TDI SE, standard spec with sunroof, going on the road as a demo and a Biscay Blue 2.0TDI Sport with black leather, to go in the showroom. I was down within about 90 minutes and he brought the SE out to show me...still with all transport plastic and stickers on...I was the first to see and he said, "I've got trade plates here, want a drive?" Try & stop me (Loz & little Alex in tow too
)

Took it out for about half an hour and mightily impressed with quality of finish, performance and quietness of a brand new, un-PDI'd car. Looks like it would cost me ?4k to trade in the Treg for an SE Tig spec'd up with metallic paint, leather, park sensors, bi-xenons, tow bar, 2-zone air-con, auto lights/wipers...seems good. Making final decision tomorrow

If I order now it should go in to week 10 production or thereabouts and be available for delivery March / April.

Very tempted. Just got to decide if the lost bootspace is OK. Surprised how high the rear boot floor was in comparison to X3, for example.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
CovRob said:
Took it out for about half an hour and mightily impressed with quality of finish
this is good to hear Rob - my biggest concern was the final production versions would have a VW Touaran feel rather than a Touareg feel - if they've got the balance right then well done VW

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice isn't it! I was surprised at the engine too seeing as so many people are witing for the 170ps.

I've still not heard if I've got a confirmed build date yet
so seeing as your man said week 10 if you order now... I will be on the phone to my man tomorrow (well I may text him now!) to see if there is anything confirmed and if not, why not!

Karen

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just enquiring for quotes from other dealers...I bought my Treg from Listers in Stratford - they are quoting 16-20 weeks delivery!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've not heard anything back yet about mine! Hope it isn't that long
We went through a LONG wait for out Treg last year. Ordered January 10th and got it in MAY! Hope the Tig isn't that bad. I may fall in love with my Eos again if we have some nice weather!

Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had our test drive this morning. Very impressed generally but we were looking to get the Tiguan as a replacement for our Touareg and we are really not sure that it fits the bill for that. As a 'sister' car for the Treg it would be brilliant.

The test car was a basic manual SE. We want an auto with all the toys, satnav, park assist, dynaudio etc and were hoping to see/hear them in action on our test drive but it was not to be - shame.

Anyway, we haven't decided what to do yet, it all depends on the deal the salesman comes back to us with.

Watch this space.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had a test-drive and was very impressed with the engine. It wasnt the nippiest from a standing start, but midrange acceleration with the diesel is excellent. I found it pretty difficult to get a massive discount on a new one - as they are going to be very popular and are the must-have car at mo.

cheers

simhar

email: [email protected]
web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have previously had 3 tregs before, and had issues with the last face lifted version.

Test drove the Tig, and was really impressed.

Very car like to drive.
Dashboard nice and high, and the Navigation is very easy to view.
Sunroof is cool
Handles great, not much body roll at all, and yet comfortable. Unlike X3
Leather seats nice quality, better than the standard seats now fitted in the Treg

Funky Towbar
Good fuel consumption, 35mpg on the test car urban.
Lower car tax, group F

I do fear that with the current green campaign, band G cars are going to get very expensive, ?400 tax this year, and another ?100 each year. Also insurance to follow. So happy to be in band F.

Spec

2.0 TDI Sport 140hp

Grey
Auto
Xenons
Black Leather
Parking Control
Sunroof
Bluetooth
Navigation, Dynasound with camera
Auto Climate Control
Tow Bar
Conv Pack

So I was able to swap out of the Treg with money back... no brainer.... just hope it is reliable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one!

What delivery time have you been given? I've been told that the towbar (shown as dealer-fit on the price list) won't be available for 3-4 months!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just placed my order today...dealers are saying week 12 build provisionally with delivery sometime in April and have fixed a PX price with that flexibility allowed for

SE TDI 4MOTION 2.0 ltr 6 speed manual (140ps) in Mountain Grey metallic with Cornsilk Beige leather
2-zone air conditioning
Carpet mats
Convenience pack
Panoramic sunroof
Bi-Xenon lights
Park assist
Towbar fitting when available (dealer-fit in brochure anyway)

Just after order placed I was looking at the leather equipped Sport in the showroom and saw that the driver's seat was electric adjustment...asked about that and the salemen had to check with VW, but declared that feature comes with the leather option, even though it's not mentioned in ay brochure or price lists woo hoo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am off for a test drive this afternoon. although if I like I will defo wait for the 170ps engine. I will honestly tell you what I think of it against my M Sport X3.

Candy White with 18's on looks nice on the config.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
CovRob said:
Scottie said:
I am off for a test drive this afternoon...
AND?
WEll!!!

right O' well it not a Treg and it's not your V6 Treg engine BUT having said that the 140ps 2.0diesel is very capable and not to rough or loud I had Allan drive past me in road outside the dealer so I could have a good listen
not as quiet as the BMW 2.0d and I'm not sure between the Honda CRV as it has been a few weeks since I test drove that but still.

The exterior of the Tig has a very decent look I like the chiseled front end and by that I mean how the bonet starts wide at the A pillars and slowly comes in to all most a point at the grill. I like the look of depth for front end.The rear light clusters are ace.I like the shape of the side mirrors. Good rear leg room but Allan being 6ft3" head hits the roof when sitting in the rear.

Disappointed in rear load space not a deep or as long as our X3 or the CRV

Now my major disappointment was in how thin the steering wheel was( granted bother my cars the X3 and the Coupe are both M Sports) and it's just not the Tig I had a look at the EOS, Polo and the Golf all had thin steering wheels I didn't like them. I can't remember my V10 having a skinny steering wheel.???

Also I'm not digging the heater controls ????? Is that it or can you upgrade to having the push button style???

I like the air vents and the trim round them I like where the window buttons are how they go up a meet the side air vent (almost) I am liking the speedo looks great
it's just the bit under the satnav where the heater buttons are it's so boring - me no like.I notice on the config you can spec a 2zone climate control I am hoping this may sort the problem otherwise the heater controls the whole area under the satnav looks like it has had no thought put into by the VW team of designers.
What do you think about it Rob?? and coming from the Treg I know it's not fair to compare but you sure won't have as many buttons to press.

I never noticed is there a centre arm rest.??

It drove well handled well.

Would I swap my X3 3.0si M Sport for one no I wouldn't not because I think there isn't anything better our there than my X3 (you know me Rob) I would drive anything
I'd swap for a Treg first.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I liked the interior...not as busy a dashboard as the Treg and I liked that...got all the information I need. Toys I'll have on the TIg that are not on the Treg are Bi-Xenons, sunroof, park assist thingy and leccy drivers seat. The MFD is informative enough for me, so can't think of much more I want really.

Loz agreed re the heater controls...very dated appearance. We've opted for the 2Zone and from pictures I've seen (R-Line & one other) it is a smarter setup for the controls (digital temp display for each front seat, etc) Interesting that on the new configurator on VWs website the 2Zone option shows it as "awaiting image"

We also noticed the boot space...esp with baby clutter I now need to consider. Liked the sliding rear seat arrangement though. With a baby seat needing no legroom on the nearside I can slide that right forward and increase the bootspace quite a lot.

I thought the front centre arm rest was very low, then found it slides forward, similar style to the Treg, but it also has a variable height by way of a ratchet arrangment. Only found that after the test, but appears quite useful.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts