VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, so i am a new member of your club, my name is gerry, im 72 years young and live in Canada, this is my first VW vehicle as i was a GM owner all my life and worked for a GM dealer after finishing school and up to my retirement. it was a hard decision to cut the GM ambilocal cord having been with GM all my life except for a brief moment of insanity when i purchased a 1968 mustang to fulfill a desire to go cruising in a classic vehicle with my one and only wonderfull wife Sheila.
i figure this VW TIGUAN UNITED might be the last new vehicle i may ever own, so i hope i made a wise decision. i am also looking for everyone's help with many questions that the owner's manual does not really explain. so be gentle with me as i bombard you with my questions LOL.
btw, this also my first experience at joining an online club and probably will make mistakes so bear with me.
looking forward to your expertise and help with VW's .
take care and stay safe
Gerry

· Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,487 Posts
Welcome Gerry, we'd be interested in knowing more about your Tiguan, age, Colour, engine, transmission type. You'll see as per many of our signatures below the message.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Gerry, we'd be interested in knowing more about your Tiguan, age, Colour, engine, transmission type. You'll see as per many of our signatures below the message.
hi there tricky, well it's a brand new 2021 tiguan united, picked it up a week ago, has 2 litre T, AWD, 8sp a/trans, powered sunroof, factory aluminum wheels, elec. and heated driver seat, infotainment ( i think is refereed to as MIB III ), safe driving features, elec. and heated mirrors. an unbelievable amount of leg room for rear passengers. color is pure white to resemble the snow storms we get in Canada with lower panels in black. powered liftgate. im still forgetting that the key is not to unlock the doors or to start the motor lol. we have always owned GM full size passenger cars until we tried SUV's, which turned out to be a big mistake until we came across this Tiguan, hope it will stay that way.
gerry

· Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Welcome to myTiguan.com gerry s and thanks for joining our Tiggy Forum from Ontario.

Forums are a great place to ask questions, but they are also a great source of information. Our search engine accepts a minimum of 3 characters (Numeric and/or Alphabetic). Best to make sure you are searching "All Forums". If you still can't find anything by all means ask away as we are all here to help and learn.

Just for your info you can edit any of your posts. You cannot however delete a post. You can delete all of the content and then type in "Mods please delete."

Garry

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to myTiguan.com gerry s and thanks for joining our Tiggy Forum from Ontario.

Forums are a great place to ask questions, but they are also a great source of information. Our search engine accepts a minimum of 3 characters (Numeric and/or Alphabetic). Best to make sure you are searching "All Forums". If you still can't find anything by all means ask away as we are all here to help and learn.

Just for your info you can edit any of your posts. You cannot however delete a post. You can delete all of the content and then type in "Mods please delete."

Garry
thanks for the info, do you prefer to be called Old Dog or Garry ??. i see you are from Canada. i am in ottawa, ontario. btw, why am i receiving the same email twice.

· Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Good morning Gerry from this soon to be 72-year old guy too in the Montreal area. Garry is fine by me Gerry. Funny you should ask me why you are receiving the same e-mail twice. Just this morning I texted my brother-in-law Gerry in Oakville and he said he received my text 3 times!!! I don't have an answer for either unfortunately.

Cheers!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ha ha ha, since our last talk, i have received the same email 3 more times. im sure it is not your fault, being new to this stuff i must have done something wrong. if i delete the link to your web address and then re enter it do u think that would solve the issue, im no Bill Gates.

· Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Are you seeing these triplicate email notifications while on your mobile phone? I keep getting notifications as well that you have responded to my post, lol. Trick there is to clear them from your phone.

If on the other hand you are getting these on your computer it may be time to ask our more tech admins to step up to the plate.

To be sure, these are emails to your email account or notifications through our forum which just very recently went to a whole new version. Maybe a glitch there?

Thanks for your patience. :)

Garry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts