VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tiguan has been on sale in Germany since November and I had a good test drive. I ordered a 2.0 TDI SE in December and I will pick it up on 1st March.Can't wait because it is a fantastic car. :

·
Registered
862 Posts

Good way of getting ahead of the crowd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a fantastic deal as I am entitled to tax free. Free metalic paint and 400 pounds off. The Tiguan I ordered has the panoramic roof,convenience pack and front fog lights. The price? Just over 18000

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't mean to upset people
I am picking mine up from EMC in Eastbourne.I tried to buy direct from VW but they sent me to Eastbourne Motoring Company as they deal with Tax Free sales.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You've not uspet any of us
or should that be
We are all just sitting patiently awaiting some news. It will be good when a few people actually get their Tigs early as it will give us a lot to look forward to! I look forward (as I'm aure others do) to your first review as an actual Tig owner

Karen

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a scare today. I phoned the dealer to confirm all is ok to pick up the Tig on 1st only to be told it is stuck at the port in Germany. As I live in Germany I asked if I could pick it up from the port. The dealer said that the car had to be delivered to England or it would be classed as an import
I nearly
Does anybody know if this is true?
It seems crazy to me........................! I have been promised the 7th now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mercedes have an option whereby you can collect your car in Germany as long as you drive it back here to be registered for VAT etc....

So as long as you collect the car, then drive it into the U.K you are not breaking any laws, mind you 6 days are not that long to wait, think of me I have at least 18 weeks to go

Des

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
bro-in-law's father bought an S-Class a few years ago and opted for factory collection - did the tour around the museum first and then were presented with the car along with other new owners - bro-in-law said it was a really nice experience

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally picked up the Tig on Friday 07th Mar!!!! FANTASTIC!!

Give me a couple of days and I will give the full details and some pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know it's good to build the suspense BUT!!!! COME ON WHAT'S IT LIKE. How does it drive, any faults,
What are the good bits. Sorry I must stop now getting too excited (still no delivery date for mine)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TIGUAN 2.0 TDI SE. SHADOW BLUE.

Well as I said a couple of days ago, I finally picked up the Tig. When I arrived at the showroom to pick it up there was a small crowd all over it which made me feel very good knowing it was mine. It looked stunning in the Shadow blue. I was told by my dealer that I was one of the first to take delivery and it was a real fight with VW UK to get it delivered. They said VW were holding all Tiguan orders back for some reason so I would advise all of you to talk to your dealers.

Now the car itself: because I was so excited about getting the car, I did not do a complete check of the Tig for any snagging. Just a couple of small problems I discovered when I got home. Firstly, one of the air vents was broken and secondly one of the airbag caps was missing. I know these are very minor problems but you expect the car to be perfect when you take delivery. There is also a very faint squeaking noise which sounds like the windscreen and the dash are rubbing slightly. As soon as I got back to Germany I took the Tig down to the local VW dealer who were very helpful and sorted it out straight away. Apart from those couple of snags the Tiguan lives up to the respected VW build quality we have all come to expect.

I have never owned a diesel before and I am pleasantly surprised to how quiet the engine is from inside the cabin. The ride and handling are as expected from a VW but I don?t know if it?s me or because the Tig is higher than the average car, I did seem to feel the wind more. Around town is not a problem but when you get on the motorway or autobahn in Germany you really do feel it and at times have to fight with the steering wheel. When I was on the motorway doing 70 Mph, the on board computer was showing that I was doing 59 mpg which is fantastic. The cabin itself is well made and my kids love the amount of room they have got in the back. They also love the panoramic sunroof. There are a couple of blind spots to contend with and the biggest one is the A pillar. This is something you get used to very quickly. The handbrake is weird, however it is very effective and once you get used to it you will love it. I know it seems like I am slagging off the Tig but I am not. I have been a devoted VW owner for a number of years and this is one of the best cars that they have produced. I am very satisfied and would recommend a VW to everyone.

All in all this is a fantastic car and I have got the biggest grin all over my face every time I drive it. My wife is very happy as well as I now volunteer to drive my kids everywhere and take every opportunity to show the Tig off to all the other envious drivers out there.

·
Registered
862 Posts

Good to hear it's lived up to your expectations

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once it stops raining and the sun comes out for 5 minutes I will take a couple of pics and post them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts