VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my Tig up from Stockport a couple of weeks ago, been trying to find out what oil to top it up with. Interestingly a couple of guys from work have had VW's since I last had one (Bora 2000 W Plate) and said they both got a complimentary litre of oil for top ups when they picked the car up. Two different dealer chains but both in the NE. Is this/has this been a VW idea? or is it something unique to the NE 'cos I certainly didn't get any free top up oil (it's not the cost, it just saves the chew about sorting the correct oil out two dealers have given me different grades and they can't make their mind up between semi-synthetic and fully synthetic as a factory standard fill for delivery) Forum views would be appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
vwfan said:
I picked my Tig up from Stockport a couple of weeks ago, been trying to find out what oil to top it up with. Interestingly a couple of guys from work have had VW's since I last had one (Bora 2000 W Plate) and said they both got a complimentary litre of oil for top ups when they picked the car up. Two different dealer chains but both in the NE. Is this/has this been a VW idea? or is it something unique to the NE 'cos I certainly didn't get any free top up oil (it's not the cost, it just saves the chew about sorting the correct oil out two dealers have given me different grades and they can't make their mind up between semi-synthetic and fully synthetic as a factory standard fill for delivery) Forum views would be appreciated.
Here VW's come with the first 2 Years of Service Free, so I guess they would include oil in that as well?

Every single car I have owned from my Toyota Corolla, Toyota Celica, and BMW 316TI, I have changed the original oil to Castol Syntec (5w-50) Fully Synthetic (Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic is not too bad as well). I have never been let down by the Fully Synthetic, I first started using the stuff when my Corolla was 8 Years old, and man..... the improvement to the idling was tremendous!! It was smooth as silk!

I never really had much rough idling with the other vehicles (and I drive my vehicles pretty hard), because I used Syntec right away, only when I blew some engine mounts in the BMW did it start to rough idle
(BMW are great driving machines, but man the Maintainance costs are astronomical!)

So, just my 2 Cents vote for the Fully Synthetic.

·
Registered
862 Posts
This was something I came across when I bought my Touareg. That was a national practice too. Mind you there was plenty of debate about the types of oils for Touaregs due to the long-life service regime (my first service was at 19k miles and about 20 months after purchase new!)

·
Registered
144 Posts
vwfan said:
No free oil for me when I picked up my Tiguan from a NE dealer.
They seem as if they don't want to give anything away not even any discount on accessories or parts given that I spent a lot of hard earned cash with them & not for the first time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts