VW Tiguan Forum banner
281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK quick update on this...

The original German video tutorial on Youtube had Google auto-generated subtitles and when you select 'English' some parts of the video made no sense, here's an example...

'urgently to create a picture of the adultery just in case' - err say what?

'Adultery' happens quite a lot in that video (my wife was getting concerned ha ha) so I asked a German friend of mine to translate the video and I created a copy with proper English (and German) subtitles and uploaded it here...

I hope this helps someone! (It turns out that 'EEPROM' sounds like 'Ehebruch' - which, you guessed it, is Adultery in German)! :gathering:

So after all that effort it appears as though Chinese copies or clones of VCP are unable to access 'engineering mode' using the 04354 code, meaning you can't access and alter the EEPROM!

I've searched dozens of other forums (golf, scirocco, audi tt etc) for a work around or another code and many people report the same issue. I've tried clearing all codes and ensured my mirror dial dial was on 'L' or 'R' - it makes no difference.

Even on AliExpress, for the product description on one of these clones it says; 'It is not ORIGINAL product, some fuction can not do . pls understand.' - It just doesn't say 'which' function but I guess now we know - it can't access engineering mode!

As much as I would l LOVE to enable folding mirror on key fob press, I don't think spending 330€ for an original copy of VCP or hundreds more for VAS50504a/ODIS is worth it.

But perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? For those of you that own original copies - may I ask how much it cost you and where you bought it from as it appears that clones and copies are everywhere!?

Whilst I could upgrade my modules from Gen3 to Gen4 to action this mod with VCDS - I would be still be looking at a significant investment to do this.

Would love to hear from anyone in or around the London, Essex, South East with an original copy that be willing to help a fellow Tiguan owner! ;)

Much love

Reactions: tricky

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,024 Posts
I do admire your persistence on this :razz:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did consider that but was concerned I would have the same issue. Do you have a clone?

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
I am not speaking on behalf of n4s, but I doubt very much he has a clone. Clones have been known to cause issues and are not promoted on this forum.

Cheers!

Garry

·
myTiguan Master
4,719 Posts
I personally hate clowns since I was scared by one when I was a young 28 year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Old Dog

·
Administrator
3,182 Posts
I have seen modules bricked by cheap clones. Every now and then I see an old used VAS tool pop up for a reasonable price. I've been wanting to get one myself as I need one to rewire my tail lights to european spec.

Reactions: Old Dog
281 - 288 of 288 Posts