VW Tiguan Forum banner
261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey All

I hope everyone is safe and well in these crazy COVID times!

So I'm waiting on this VAS 5054A ODIS software and cable to arrive from China;

It's so I can program my (Gen 3) door modules on my 2010 R-line (so my mirrors fold in with log key fob press, and out with door open or ignition on).

However I'm a bit nervous about flashing my door modules for fear or of bricking them!

Short of following this German video on Youtube (thanks kev3 for the link), I'm working a bit blind on this (as I don't speak German) so would love to be able to speak with someone who has actually done this mod on Gen 3 modules!

A few people on here have suggested to reach out to NS4 - tried this a few weeks ago but his mailbox is full so I'm unable to leave him a message.

Is anyone able to PM an email address for him please?

Many thanks

Darren

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi n4s, I did contact ONOFF separately but he said he used ODIS software for this mod.

I've ordered this from China, do you think it will work?

The description reads;

'VAG Pro can completely replaced VAS 5054A ODIS Bluetooth. OCF will make your life much easier, it takes time to understand how this software works, it still need some fixes, It is very good tool for VAG and DGS flash.'

Thanks

Darren

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. This post was a great starting place for me a couple of years ago when I first got my Mk5 Golf - was one of the first mods I did! I have Gen3 modules and so had to go the hard way but with the help of a couple of others we got there in the end.

Anyway, since then Ive been hunting to find out how to change the length of time you have to hold the key for in order for the mirror to fold. As I understand it from this thread its only possible in BCM equipped vehicles. However, surely theres something in my CCM that controls this time as well? Is it that the CCM Eeprom cant be edited? Or just that people havent worked out how yet?

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, thanks anyway. I plan on purchasing VCP soon so will have to investigate. Presumably the coding will look similar to what we’ve seen already, 202020 or FFFFFF being the bytes that need changing?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
OK, thanks anyway. I plan on purchasing VCP soon so will have to investigate. Presumably the coding will look similar to what we've seen already, 202020 or FFFFFF being the bytes that need changing?
In BCMs 1k0 it's FFFFFF, but this is the case of Golfs, Tiguan uses 5k0 and default is 141414, because 0x14 is 20, so don't expect 202020

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good afternoon,

Im not very active on this forum but i subscribed one time when i was doing a lane/high beam assist mod in a Scirocco. (PQ35)

Recently i did a adaptive cruise control mod and now im driving with open pilot from Comma.ai.

Here you have a video of the MQB branche

What i want to ask, i have a problem with one of my mirror puddle lights.

One side is on when folding and when it's completely folded and the other turns off after it starts folding in and when it's completely folded.

When the mirror is unfolded it works just great and i see no fault codes.

Can this be a coding fault made when mirror folding with remote was enabled or is the EEPROM only changed in module 42 driver side?

I don't have VCP myself and don't think i can check the EEPROM coding with VCDS?

Greetings Roy

You must have VAS 5054 with ODI to do it

So choose the module 42.

- Option Write memory cells (something like this)

it will ask code, code is 04 354
Now read address 189, you of might have 0xC3
with In a case I of changed up my bit0 -> 0 to activate light with mirror close and bit4- > to activate the function.
You can also chose it
on 3 positions, 189, 206, 223. All the same process and same value.

my door modul 42

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 5N0 959 701 E HW: 5N0 959 701 E
Component: Tuer SG 009 2101
Coding: 0004350
Shop #: WSC 13231 210 00000
VCID : 377AB3F3465E2386AC-8062

No fault code found.

I have change to D2
BIN 1101 0010

attachicon.gif
2.jpg

attachicon.gif
1.jpg

attachicon.gif
3.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
The weird thing is, one mirror puddle light works and the other doesn’t when folding in or folded. Only when unfolded. Is the eeprom coding done seperately for each mirror? Like in module 42 and 52 or only on 42 driver door? I don’t have ODIS or VCP but i know someone who has it. Just want to be sure it’s a coding problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you very much, going to have it checked!
I see you also have a Scirocco on Scirocco central forum.
Nice rear view mirror you installed btw!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey all, happy Guy Fawkes Night, I hope everyone is safe and well!

So with the new COVID-19 lockdowns in the UK, I'm looking to finally get round to this 'Folding Mirrors From Remote Key FOB' on my RHD Tiguan and wanted to confirm/ask a few things with before I get stuck in.

My door modules are original VW Gen 3 modules, here's a recent scan:

Module Part No: 5K0 959 793 A
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 5N0 959 701 E HW: 5N0 959 701 E
Component: Tuer-SG 009 2112
Coding: 0004862
Shop #: WSC 01324 020 00200

Module Part No: 5K0 959 792 A
Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 5N0 959 702 E HW: 5N0 959 702 E
Component: Tuer-SG 009 2111
Coding: 0005118
Shop #: WSC 01324 020 00200
VCID: 387FCE624BF386DE6C3-806D

Based on the fact that these are not aftermarket Chinese modules, I'd really appreciate it if the experienced among you can help answer my questions/confirm my statements below before I attempt this mod:

1. If you have Gen 4 (Hexadecimal) door modules you can code this mod using VCDS software?

2. If you have Gen 3 door modules, VCDS won't work - you have to use something like VCP or ODIS software to access and alter the EEPROM?

3. I've read on this forum some issues about this mod not working as expected on RHD cars (mickjane2, n4s, welshkaiboy) - was that with Gen 3 or Gen 4 modules? If it was Gen 3, is there a work around to solve this?

4. I will be following this German video tutorial to action this mod but do I need to change anything for a right hand drive car or is the coding the same?

5. Will I lose the ability to fold the mirrors from the internal drivers side toggle switch?

I have both VCDS and VCP (VAG CAN PRO V5.5.1) software running on Windows XP via Parallels on a MacBook Pro.

Would love to hear from someone who's successfully completed this mod on Gen 3, RHD car!

Thanks

Darren

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can anyone please help me regarding my previous post? Many thanks

·
Administrator
13,359 Posts
Hi Darren, I am sure one of the key players; n4s, ONOFF, Welshkaiboy or other knowledgable members will help you out. Hang in there and thanks for your patience.

Garry

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,024 Posts
Darren, from my own experience, 2015 tig RHD with gen 4 modules, coding was easy with OBDeleven, so would also be for VCDS. Certainly i didn't lose any functionality with the internal switch.

I can't however speak to gen 3 modules, for this you need the real experts, as Old Dog mentioned. I know this doesn't help you with gen3 modules, unless you were to trade up to gen4.

There are some very old threads going back several years that detail all the work these guys did, which may help you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for your replies. I reached out to ONOFF and n4s and got the answers (below) I needed to give this a go.

1. If you have Gen 4 (Hexadecimal) door modules you can code this mod using VCDS software?

A - Correct

2. If you have Gen 3 door modules, VCDS won't work - you have to use something like VCP or ODIS software to access and alter the EEPROM?

A - Correct

3. I've read on this forum some issues about this mod not working as expected on RHD cars (mickjane2, n4s, welshkaiboy) - was that with Gen 3 or Gen 4 modules? If it was Gen 3, is there a work around to solve this?

A - I don't have RHD so never had issue. Mickjane sent me the module, it was faulty, but Gen3. Welshkaiboy was Gen4 and for those it changes

4. I will be following this German video tutorial to action this mod but do I need to change anything for a right hand drive car or is the coding the same?

A - You can do the same but your Clone might not work. VCP clones are dangerous

5. Will I lose the ability to fold the mirrors from the internal drivers side toggle switch?

A - No, all functions are maintained

Reactions: Old Dog
261 - 280 of 288 Posts