VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just brought base model Tiguan, which does not have fogs. Does anyone know if the Touran fogs will fit, as cannot get any tiguan ones.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum - early days of the Tiguan so I'm not sure the answer unfortunately. maybe your dealer can help out? If you find out let us know

Cheers

Kaine

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well the fog lights the same across the VW range as well as Skoda, Seat and Audi so I'm 90% sure Touran one's will fit the Tiguan. BTW, check out ebay for fog-lights you can get them from China for next to nothing. Oh, you will also need a new headlight switch, which incorporates the front fogs, ebay is another good source for that.

Des

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shall I stir on this one?!

The standard lights on a Tiguan, or any other modern car as far that goes, are more than adequate. I can never understand (i) the need for 'fog lights', and (ii) how those drivers who use them are allowed to drive vehicles if their eye-sight is so poor that they need the extra light! I drive 54 miles a day to and from work on A roads, and the number of drivers who only use fog lamps on clear mornings and evenings is unbelievable! I find their use as unacceptable in such conditions as those rear fog-lights on the car in front whose driver has forgotten to switch off in clear, day time conditions!

I've had to pay ?185 extra for a set of 'fogs' on my Tiguan SE as they came as a factory fitted option! Agh!!!

Cheshire Constabulary's website:http://www.cheshire.police.uk/modules.php?module=faqs&action=showmain&faqIndex=L has this useful information:
Lights - What are the rules regarding lights on my vehicle?
To drive a vehicle at night, all of the necessary lights must be attached, clean and in good working order.

Fog lamps:

Front fog lamps are not obligatory but if fitted must be white or yellow in colour, used in a pair and must not cause undue dazzle or discomfort, nor be used except in seriously reduced visibility. They must be clean and in good working order.
Rear fog lights are obligatory on a vehicle first used on or after 01.04.86. They must be red in colour and must not cause undue dazzle or discomfort, must not be lit whilst vehicle is parked nor to be used except in seriously reduced visibility.
Where two are fitted both must work. Where one is fitted it must be fitted to the centre or the offside of the vehicle. They must be clean and in good working order.
The driver must be able to see the lights are on by way of a visual indication (warning light) inside the vehicle.

Spot lights:

Spot lights or additional headlights can only be used in a pair and in conjunction with full beam headlights and should not be capable of being illuminated without the operation of the obligatory headlights.

·
Registered
405 Posts
On the side of Fogs,

Here in Jamaica the street lighting is Extremely poor, where in rural areas there may be none at all! Here we need all the lights we can get!
) The fogs here help you seek out the many potholes and also can prevent you from heading off a cliff.
)

Was even considering some more powerful lights also for the Roof Rails.

Cheers,

Rocc

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey there Kaine!

Thank you for the Welcome!

I think the spec sounds pretty good too.

I was a little worried, because I have not seen one in person as yet, as I wrote in my first post today:

-------
Hey guys,

New to the Forum!

I just placed my order for a Tiguan, but have to wait until around June - July before arrival.

Wondering if I chose the right colours, hard to tell without seeing an actual model? I chose the Pearl Black with Vienna Leather (Cornsilk) Interior.

Has anyone seen these in person, if so how does the Black Vary in person from a say "Flat" Black or regular black paint? Also, wondering how "light" the Cornsilk Leather is in Actual Colour?

I was able to order the 200HP TSI, and 18" New Yorkers Tires, but dissappointed that the only radio we were allowed to get was the RCD300 (no touchscreen, no rear camera). I'm not sure why??

Cheers!

P.S. - Previously driving a BMW 2002, 316TI Compact and 318I Sedan

Rocc
Kingston, Jamaica
-------

What you think?

Thanks again Kaine, good to be here.

Rocc.

Kaine said:
Hi Rocc,

Welcome to mytiguan.com - our first overseas member

spec sounds great

Kaine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rocc said:
Wondering if I chose the right colours, hard to tell without seeing an actual model? I chose the Pearl Black with Vienna Leather (Cornsilk) Interior.

Has anyone seen these in person, if so how does the Black Vary in person from a say "Flat" Black or regular black paint? Also, wondering how "light" the Cornsilk Leather is in Actual Colour?
Hi Rocc

I currently drive an Eos in Deep Black with Cornsilk Vienna leather. The combination is fabulous! The pearl black (which here is called Deep Black) has a subtle sparkle and gleams. I owned a flat black Beetle years ago, and that was simply dull. Ok if polished, but otherwise- dull.

The cornsilk leather is creamy and not too light - but a definate cream. Even with 2 children, my leather is clean! Wipes down fine!

Welcome to the forum!

Karen

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Karen!

Thank you for the response.

I feel much better about my order choices now! It has been hard to tell previously what the Cornsilk really looked like, because in some pictures it looked so much lighter than in some others.

This is my first time owning a black car, but always admired vehicles with a Chrome and Black Contrast. I hope that my delivery date is soon, because I actually sold two cars (including the one I was driving) to get this one.
I wasn't really ready to sell the one I was driving, but the sale came and the market is very saturated here, so took the opportunity, now bumming a ride of my girlfriend's car..... LOL

Take it Easy!

Rocc

karend said:
Rocc said:

Hi Rocc

I currently drive an Eos in Deep Black with Cornsilk Vienna leather. The combination is fabulous! The pearl black (which here is called Deep Black) has a subtle sparkle and gleams. I owned a flat black Beetle years ago, and that was simply dull. Ok if polished, but otherwise- dull.

The cornsilk leather is creamy and not too light - but a definate cream. Even with 2 children, my leather is clean! Wipes down fine!

Welcome to the forum!

Karen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts