VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being here basically since the inception of this forum in 2008, being a moderator with the original private owner until it’s sale into company ownership and through owning 3 Tiguans and my wife owning a Polo, we are finally saying goodbye and are not likely to be back except for maybe the occasional visit to check on old friends still here. Tomorrow we trade in the Tig and the Polo and pick up a new 2022 Golf Mk 8 TSi R-Line in Kings Red metallic. We were very lucky to find this car already built in Germany and ready to come to NZ as Golf production is near zero at present as all the wiring looms come from the Ukraine ! As it is we can’t even get a wiring loom for the towbar so it’s fitted without for now.

Anyway we’re pretty happy to pick up this beauty as we trade down to one car now we’re both retired. We'll still be here in one of the most beautiful places in NZ ready to welcome any of the many friends we’ve made (and those we visited in Canada) here, so yell out if you’re heading this way now that the world is moving a little more freely.

Here's a pic of the model / colour we’re getting. Cheers all. Derek

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Oh and our new number plates:

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Magenta Electric blue

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
Derek, we'll miss you, do hope you'll pop in on occasion. Best of luck with the Golf. 😊 (y)

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Oh man Derek that’s a beautiful color! Is it one of the Spektrum Colors?

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s called Kings Red Metallic and comes at a $500 premium. Part of the range here for Golf R, R-Line and GTi. Not sure if it’s available in any other models. As soon as we saw the colour we were hooked. Looks different in different lights too. Just a bit different to all the greys, silvers and whites out there ! They do a very bright blue too which is also a bit different.

·
Administrator
Volvo XC40, formerly 2015 match 177ps 4mo DSG
2,337 Posts
I'm very pleased with the red I had my Volvo in. The newst golfs are looking quite bad ass now I see (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep! Too bad this web site is not more frequently visited and is not loaded with ads. As I work on my Tig and learn about it, I'm compiling a lot of info for reference so that I don't have to visit and post. I'll soon be saying goodbye as well.

I like the color of your new ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts