VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been told a confirmed week 40, plus 5 weeks for build delivery, pdi etc... so a late October, early November collection.

What disgusts me is VW UK's attitude, expecting a customer to wait this long without so much as a sorry or any form of compensation. My current car needs new tyres and a service is due in a couple of months, oh and my road tax runs out, all unexpected costs due to the 4/5 month delay.

Looks like VW will be getting another letter from me, I'm also aware of the 20 week loan car that VW are providing I'll quiz them further over that. Not only are VW screwing us but the dealers are getting a raw deal...

Cheers

Des

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Des

Glad you got a build date now, its worth the wait, at least you have a 09 plate plus the updates.

All the best

Stuart

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oggy2uk said:
Hi Des

Glad you got a build date now, its worth the wait, at least you have a 09 plate plus the updates.

All the best

Stuart
Forogt about the 09 plate
wonder how much diesel will cost per litre in Ocotber

Des

·
Registered
51 Posts
These delays mean that the non European markets such as Australia will probable not receive a good batch of new cars till 2009. It is officially going to be release later this month. Looks like not many tigs will be seen on Aussie roads till next year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know this is dumb question, but how long does it take from build to arriving in the UK? I am a bit confused as I have been given a build date in 6 weeks time. However I only ordered mid-march? As the average wait time is 20 weeks, it means it should take 8 weeks to build (+12 weeks wait time = 20 week).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OktaneZA said:
I know this is dumb question, but how long does it take from build to arriving in the UK? I am a bit confused as I have been given a build date in 6 weeks time. However I only ordered mid-march? As the average wait time is 20 weeks, it means it should take 8 weeks to build (+12 weeks wait time = 20 week).
All I know is that my dealer has quoted 5 weeks.

Des

·
Registered
44 Posts
In Australia, if you not so fussy about the spec you can get one delivered in June as VW dealers has pre-ordered them in the first batch (already arrived), otherwise you have to wait til Feb 2009 as allocation for the 2nd batch (Arriving sometime in October) has already been sold.

I am getting mine delivered most likely in Feb 2009.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OktaneZA said:
My dealer also indicated 4-5 weeks from week of build to delivery to me.

Keith

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer has just called me to say my Tig ordered on the 16th Feb is now showing as scheduled for build in week 34... but not confirmed...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gone from a week 21 build date to a week 26, now told this morning it's a week 31 (first week of August)! Plus approx 5 weeks to take delivery.

From 4th March to Sept. 7 months wait!! Only thing keeping me hanging in there is the '16 week relief car'. I have a car allowance and a few months of VW supplying me with a car and me not having to fund a car (should pay the deposit) is handy.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
johniboy73 said:
Gone from a week 21 build date to a week 26, now told this morning it's a week 31 (first week of August)! Plus approx 5 weeks to take delivery.

From 4th March to Sept. 7 months wait!! Only thing keeping me hanging in there is the '16 week relief car'. I have a car allowance and a few months of VW supplying me with a car and me not having to fund a car (should pay the deposit) is handy.

Every cloud has a silver lining.
VW confirmed with me that the loan car can only be provided after 20 weeks, which is the normal expected delivery time for your new car.

Des

·
Registered
610 Posts
........ where as we're currently negotiating with our delear to keep the car in his coumpound for an extra few week as we're on holiday and might as well get a 58 plate!

Ordered TDI 170 sport + extras on 3rd May - build week 27, delivery expected early Aug!!

Jon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Regarding car loan, my dealer has told me - quote .....

'I have also looked into the 16 week relief car as well that is correct ,
but the internal process between us the dealer and VW uk has changed, we
now have to register a vehicle to put on as a relief car, not just get
one from Vw so we're looking into that this week'

Lets just see what happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Spoken to the dealer today and have been told mine is to be built week 23 and that I should have it 3 weeks or so after that which means towards the end of june
. This is the first confirmed date I have been given so I am pretty happy with it.

As for the loan car , they do qoute 16 weeks when you ask them but I think 20 is what they aim for as im getting one tommorrow and that is exactly 20 weeks, I have had nothing but bulls**t leading up to this so I had a little rant at them yesterday and then I started to get somewhere, Dose it really have to be like that

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, Yes, Yes.....

My dealer emailed me, my car is now showing up on VW's car tracking system as confirmed build week 23, so all going well, I should get my car early July. Hope it doesn't change but that has cheered me up no end

Fingers Crossed

Des

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let hoop they comply Des...... we are waiting for the Pics

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ordered my Tig end of March and is being built week 19 (confirmed). Dealer said 6-8 weeks from start of build to delivery. It seems that there are varying deliverie dates to the UK. Anyone explain this? Are the dealers being too safe?

All information on the status of my shiny new car has come from me asking the dealer rather than the dealer informing me, despite the, "I'll keep you regularly informed" line.

As an aside, the dealer gave me a "worst-case" part-ex price on my VW Golf by estimating how many miles I'll do between putting down deposit and delivery and this "worst-case" price is what was written into the paperwork. I kick myself for not thinking of this at the time, but am I ever going to get more than this price as this is what I have signed to?

Thanks
EES3DC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts