VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New all terrain tire hit the market here in the US.. I'm seriously thinking of getting a set, they come in all 3 standard Tiguan wheel sizes as well. Figures a tire that's exactly what I wanted in OE size would hit after dropping over a grand on performance tires.

https://www.falkentire.com/wildpeak/attrail

· Registered
720 Posts
It's not that new of a tire. Was introduced at least last year

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I was looking at them and the brand when I was getting new tires and didn't have anything in the stock 18 size. Even tire rack didn't list anything other than performance tires from Falken. But the way these SRS Sports are wearing I'll be looking at new tires in 20k miles or so anyway. They have just been spamming my FB page saying brand new crossover tire! Lol

· Registered
720 Posts
Think they would be a replacement for real winter tires, even though they have the 3PMS?

See:

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at them now on a set of alternate wheels for hunting/ winter duty. Keep the SRS Sports for dry time. Can't imagine an AT being quiet in a 500+ Mike freeway run.

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a full set in storage waiting for new wheels to be refinished. Friends running them on subarus are loving them.

· Registered
2 Posts
They are come on the new Bronco Sport. I'm considering them for my 'Tiguan Overland" build....ok more like "Tiguan Tail" due to the 4motion capabilities :)

Tiguan Wheel specs and tire sizes (2011 - 2017)

• Bolt pattern (PCD): 5 × 112
  • Center Bore (CB): 57.1
  • Thread size (THD): 14 × 1.5
  • Diameter: 16 - 19
  • Width: 215 - 255
  • Aspect ratio: 40 - 65
  • Smallest - Largest tire size: 215/65R16 - 255/40R19

Rims sizes (2011 - 2017)

• Diameter: 16 - 19
  • Width: 6.5 - 9
  • Offset: 30 - 43

VW Tiguan Factory Options

• 27" x 10" / 9J x 19 ET 33 / 255/40R19 (Savannah)
  • 27.3" x 9.3" / 7J x 18 ET 43 / 235/50 R18 (Davenport)
  • 27" x 8.5" / 16" X 6.5" ET 42 / 215/65 R16 (Corvara)
  • 28" x 8.5" / 17" X 6.5" ET 41 / 215/65 R17 (Corvara Winter Wheel)

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like you might be close to me TigDriver. May have to hook up once I get mine mounted up as well. Powder coated blasted my new wheels to find one with cracks in the lips so I'm having to repair them a bit before I can get them done. Lots of Subis running the Wildpewks and love them. Heck I've been clear up the back side of Baker with the OE Pro Contacts e en farther with my current tires so I'm going to be impressed how well the Wilds do. I just need it more for sidewall cut protection. The. 4 mo seems to handle mud and sand pretty good.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a set for winter use on my 2012 SE 4motion. The car came originally with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires (pre "plus" versions). I drive "Very spirited" on steep twisty mountain roads and these tires are equal to the Conti's on pavement for cornering and breaking in the dry, better in the wet and they are rated for "Severe snow rated" although I haven't had a chance yet to take them up for backcountry skiing. I stuck with the original 235/50–18 size and my suspension has been upgraded to Bilstein struts, ECS sway bar end links and Hotchkiss sway bars. I did not lift or lower the car because of its "dual sport" purpose. I have used many all season and all terrain tires in many VW vehicles and these are by far the most versatile across all possible uses with the exception of track racing or rock crawling.

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine are still sitting in the corner at my buddies. I had a set of BBS wheels similar to my Hartmann's I was having powder coated in a bronze Metallic in a 18x8.5 ET 27 over my existing 18x8.0 ET32 . Sadly his shop was broken into and my wheels were stolen, so I am probably just going to put them on this spring on my Hartmanns. Looking forward to getting them on. I left my Conti SRSs on thru the snow and ice as they are darn good winter tires.

Rectangle Organism Font Line Parallel

· Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want to get the Wild Peak AT3W but the shop wants me to go with 235/65R17 and I currently have 215/65R17 and I am not sure if they will rub. All my stuff is stock on my 2021 SE 4Motion.
I’d be surprised if they fit on the stock wheels without rubbing. That’s a far taller and wider tire. If they want to mount one up for you let them but remember your spare tire will be worthless. I have a larger spare to compensate for the 255/50r18 over the 235/50R18.

After one being replaced and a few trips for rebalancing my AT Trails are doing just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.