VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Looking forward to taking delivery of my new VW. This will be my 6th VW in 20 years. All my family have VW's. Wouldn't look past them. Currently have a Passat Estate 2.0TDI Sport with lots of extras. It has been a great car for the past 5 years. Fancied a change and decided on the Tiguan. Hope I have made a good choice. So far things look good in terms of road tax and insurance cost (which has halved!).

My wife is getting a VW UP at the same time to replace our Lupo GTI ( going on sale soon, autotrader).

New cars I time for Christmas we hope :). The Tiguan is currently awaiting shipment from Germany and the UP is being made in a weeks time.

Any tips for driving the Tiguan and door sill protectors!!

Derek

·
Premium Member
13,679 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum DelBoy and thanks for joining myTiguan. Nice to have another VW enthusiast in our midst. I had to look up to see what a VW UP was all about as we don't have them across the Big Pond. Nice lookin' car. Did you go for the two or four-door model?

My next thing was going to invite you to join us over on the Tiggy Map of the World. See the first two links in my sig. However, I just had a look at the members' list and there is a delboy (all lower case) there already, except from Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK. This wouldn't be you would it? I see you are located in Paisley, Scotland. Did you move recently? If you want to add your marker you can always use your username DelBoy.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Old Dog.
To answer your questions, we have gone for the 4 door UP in red with Sports Pack and DAB radio. It is a fun car and great for insurance and road tax over here. Bit of a change from the LUPO GTI (128BHP) 6 speed, but we have had our fun with the GTI !.
Also, I am not the other delboy and am new to forums. Never bothered with them before but decided to this time around as the Tiguan is quiet different. Looking to getting it in the next few weeks.

Just going to add myself to the map now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2021 VW ID4 1st Edition
4,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here. :twoup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome to the forum Del Boy ( no Rodders ? ).

As you have a Passat already you will be familiar with the Devils Spawn ( electronic parking brake and hill hold). However the auto stop start should provide some entertainment in traffic. Best thing that can be said about that is that the kill button is the RH one at the bottom display.

I moved up from a series of Golfs and the Tig still fills me with delight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taken delivery of my Tig last Friday. Loving it so far. Bring on the snow!!!!
Pics to follow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts