VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Coding can be very dangerous and if done incorrectly, it can cause damage to your vehicle and void your warranty. If you are worried about that prospect, either don't code or get someone that is experienced to code it for you. Always backup before making changes. I cannot be held accountable for any damage incurred.

Applied on New Zealand 2018 Tiguan R-Line, referenced http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/guide-enable-eu-specific-features-au-spec-tiguans-117741.html

1. Module 5F

Adaptations

--Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 traffic_sign_recognition_0x21
Set to Active

--Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_road_sign_identification
Set to Active

Coding

-Long Coding
Byte 24, activate Bit 6

2. Module A5

Coding

-Long Coding
Byte 16, activate Bit 4

3. Module 17

Coding

-Long Coding
Byte 5, activate Bit 2

4. Module A5

Adaptation (with access code 20103)

-Road sign detection fusion mode
Change from "Road sign fusion" to "Road sign detection"

* enable speed signs to be shown on HUD (For NZ and other countries)

Module 82

Coding

-Long Coding
Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

Reboot the infotainment system (push power buttom until VM logo)
Used VCDS 18.2.1

It can be shown on HUD also

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Coding can be very dangerous and if done incorrectly, it can cause damage to your vehicle and void your warranty. If you are worried about that prospect, either don't code or get someone that is experienced to code it for you. Always backup before making changes. I cannot be held accountable for any damage incurred. Applied on New Zealand 2018 Tiguan R-Line, referenced A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans Used VCDS 18.2.1 It can be shown on HUD also
Great thread. Can sign recognition be done with a 2018 Tiguan with digital cluster and lane assist but no factory navigation? i.e it has a camera!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts