VW Tiguan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Well - two observations while using my Tiguan day-to-day (2.0 TDI SE) - first the MPG.

I am averaging about 40 MPG on 24 mile/day trip (country roads) - so quite pleased.

But.... have noticed the following when using Electronic Parking Brake. When slowly reversing into a space (I was too tight to buy the optional parking sensors/assist - 1500 quid extra) you can sometimes get a chattering of the auto-parking brake.

What seems to happen that as you slowly reverse - you get a chattering of the brake. It sounds like ABS kicking in - but its not - you're just hovering around the speed at which the auto-park brake kicks in. Its not a big deal - but its just an observation I've made while driving.

The radio is quite good but it took me a while to work out how to swap from one cd to another using the changer. Otherwise I'm love with my Tiguan - particularly as the roads seem to fill up with water at mo !

cheers

simhar

Web: Properite Landlord Software - http://www.properite.co.uk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the electronic brake in my Passat and never noticed that as a problem.

May be worth putting on the list to check when next at dealer !!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Pbrom:

Nice pics in your Gallery!

Hey I noticed what seems to be like a lever in the Passenger Footwell, could you be so kind to tell me what that lever is for?

Cheers,

Rocc

pbrom said:
I had the electronic brake in my Passat and never noticed that as a problem.

May be worth putting on the list to check when next at dealer !!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey I noticed what seems to be like a lever in the Passenger Footwell, could you be so kind to tell me what that lever is for?

Cheers,

Rocc
That is the bonnet release or the ejector release for the wife.

Des

·
Registered
405 Posts
LOL "Ejector Release for Wife", that should come in handy! LOL Just kidding!

Seriously, without the wife on board, is it easy to be reached from the driver's side, or would you have to exit the vehicle?

Cheers,

Rocc

·
Registered
121 Posts
Probably better to get out as would be difficult to reach across the transmission tunnel

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dont know, probably cost, same reason as a manual bonnet stay rather than a hydraulic one !!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah I think you are right with the cost theory. I guess it would cost more to have two separate footwell molds, and levers in stock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rocc said:
Yeah I think you are right with the cost theory. I guess it would cost more to have two separate footwell molds, and levers in stock.
I was told by my dealer that the Tiguan was different from my Golf so that the bonet could be opened from the passenger side on the hard sholder of the motorway etc. sounded convincing at the time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
charlespd said:
Rocc said:
I was told by my dealer that the Tiguan was different from my Golf so that the bonet could be opened from the passenger side on the hard sholder of the motorway etc. sounded convincing at the time.
Hmmmm.... interesting sales pitch from your salesman, but that theory would not apply with the left hand drive model having it on the drivers side.

Cheer Rocc

·
Registered
405 Posts
..............Hey by the looks of this picture, some right hand drive models have the Bonnet Release on the Right Hand?

Interesting. All who have gotten your Tigs, if you have a RHD Tig, what side is the Bonnet Release on?

View attachment 87

wow, it even looks like the Handbrake is in the correct position too (Closer to the Driver)!

·
Registered
132 Posts
How come the LCD in the VW photo has a blue screen. Yet the production ones have a less tasteful grey/black/red screen?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Blue backlight might come on when the you turn on the lights, like all other interior lighting, one of the actual owners should enlighter us on this issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
giggles said:
Blue backlight might come on when the you turn on the lights, like all other interior lighting, one of the actual owners should enlighter us on this issue
It stays red/grey/black on mine, but I do have the UK basic spec stereo

Keith

·
Registered
192 Posts
The stereo display in the Touareg which is similar to the basic stereo in the Tiguan gets a blue backlight. Maybe the RCD510 has different color themes or something ( lol ).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

I have the rcd510 on my sport model and the lcd display is black red and grey. Would have liked it to be the usual vw blue so that it all matched,but never mind its still a great stereo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts